Official BF Editor Forums

Gun Emplacement Firing Without User/ai Input

Raziel

I would like to get a gun emplacement found on the Agassiz (ship in Forgotten Hope 2) to fire without AI or user input. My plan is to create an unmanned automated ship moving with this gun firing constantly - eventually if this is possible I will use the code for the AA gun found on the same ship.

Unfortunately I can't understand how to get the barrel to fire the projectile without PIFire input.

Would appreciate your help or any guidelines?

Thanks

Edited by Raziel

Thanks for the replies.

What I will do is probably make bots spawn on the moving ship, remove the ability to exit the gun emplacement and they can fire at will towards the enemy bots/vehicles etc.

But if anyone has the knowledge of how to code automatic firing please feel free to post.

Putting bot spawn on the gun location. Set to auto enter on spawn. Remove exit. Set spawn to bots only. Do not alowe bots to spaen anywhere else. Now if you have more bots than spawn point then they are going to spawn at the guns that are occupied and do their thing from their.

If you do this in BF2142 however you can actualy make autimated guns and turrets with out the need for bots. Also any player can walk up and get it and start firing and the AI will take over again when the player leaves.

Putting bot spawn on the gun location. Set to auto enter on spawn. Remove exit. Set spawn to bots only. Do not alowe bots to spaen anywhere else. Now if you have more bots than spawn point then they are going to spawn at the guns that are occupied and do their thing from their.

If you do this in BF2142 however you can actualy make autimated guns and turrets with out the need for bots. Also any player can walk up and get it and start firing and the AI will take over again when the player leaves.

Thanks Dwane