Official BF Editor Forums

Getting Unlocks In My Mod

My mod has a shitload of weapons in it (~100 guns), and they can not all be put in the standard kits in the game, well maybe they can, but it would cluster f*ck my mod up, So i would like to have unlocks back in my mod, e.g my mod has M4/M203 and M16A4/M203, i want to have unlocks so that players can choose, and I would wanna know how to have all unlocks as soon as you start a map, and I would also like to have them online!

And plz, don't come with FFolkes123 or FFolkes678 or 6049923 or whatever, i want to choose the guns in the spwans screen, not have 5 guns in one kit, i might want to use batches but let them be useful and not broken.

thanks!

Edited by SkullTerror

Maybe make more kits? I have asked this once but the topic has mysteriously disappeared. I didn't understand that anyway but if you happen to find it maybe you do. The name of my topic should be "More than 7 kits".

Unfortunatly there is no way to make your one unlock system for any of the BF games. All you can do is use the unlock containers that DICE created with the game. This means up to 3 posable weapon layouts per Kit. To get how the unlock containers work best, study the Assult.tweeks as they add ane replace existing stuff in adition to just the main weapon.

There is no way to add more than 7 Kits. There is no way to add more than 2 unlock containers. You have to have all the unlocks from the original came on your account to use any of your own unlocks. There is a little way to cheat here though. You can set every kit to use the same unlock set, say the assult set, this way anyone playing your mod would only have to get 2 unlocks to have full access to everything in your mod.

BF2142 has alot more that you can do reguarding unlocks. More customisability and more spots for main weapons. I think its like 4 or 5 additional weapons. Same trick can be used reguarding unlocking only one kit to access all but it will be more work as the kit hase more things that need to be unlocked. Well worth it though if you have that much stuff.

There is no way to add more than 7 Kits.

There is a way to add more than 7 kits. I mean look at PR for example. Also as I already said I had a topic where we figured it out but it has disappeared.

Anyway I have the same problem and I just don't understand what you said.

There is no way to add more than 2 unlock containers.

What are the unlock containers?

You can set every kit to use the same unlock set, say the assult set, this way anyone playing your mod would only have to get 2 unlocks to have full access to everything in your mod.

Even if every kit uses assault unlocks then why would u still need 2 unlocks rather than 1?

Kits > 7 is possible.

Sandbox does it by invoking things when you spawn.

Here is an excerpt:

def onPlayerSpawn(self, playerObject, soldierObject):
	host.rcon_invoke("gameLogic.setKit " + str(playerObject.getTeam()) + " 0 \"US_Zombie\" \"meinsurgent_heavy_soldier\"")
	host.rcon_invoke("gameLogic.setKit " + str(playerObject.getTeam()) + " 1 \"US_Zombie\" \"meinsurgent_heavy_soldier_3p\"")
	host.rcon_invoke("gameLogic.setKit " + str(playerObject.getTeam()) + " 2 \"US_Construction\" \"meinsurgent_soldier_jet\"")
	host.rcon_invoke("gameLogic.setKit " + str(playerObject.getTeam()) + " 3 \"US_Construction\" \"meinsurgent_soldier_jet_3p\"")
	host.rcon_invoke("gameLogic.setKit " + str(playerObject.getTeam()) + " 4 \"" + str(self.settings.kits[4][playerObject.kits[4]]) + "\" \"us_light_soldier\"")
	host.rcon_invoke("gameLogic.setKit " + str(playerObject.getTeam()) + " 5 \"" + str(self.settings.kits[5][playerObject.kits[5]]) + "\" \"mec_heavy_soldier\"")
	host.rcon_invoke("gameLogic.setKit " + str(playerObject.getTeam()) + " 6 \"" + str(self.settings.kits[6][playerObject.kits[6]]) + "\" \"ch_heavy_soldier\"")

Kits 4, 5, and 6 are altered through Python when a player spawns. They are changed to a kit the player has chosen previously through the HUD (and sending a rcon event to Python to store this variable).