Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lauryxy

Bf2 To Bf2142

For the last few weeks I have been trying to get BF2 M4 to BF2142 but now it crashes when I select the kit and click done.

I have also copied over the weapon icons but they won't show in the kit selection. It still shows the usual weapon for that kit.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW I just started modding 2142. I don't remember how long i've been in BF2 modding.

You say you copied over the weapon icons? Have you added them to the texture atlas?

Also is there any error message when you run the game in windowed mode?

You say you copied over the weapon icons? Have you added them to the texture atlas?

Also is there any error message when you run the game in windowed mode?

BF2142 doesn't have a debugger so it won't show any error and it anyways won't crash as easily as BF2 because it has a new feature which makes it automatically apply a default texture for missing files.

But for the problem. Did you remember to add the weapon to the kit/a kit? And BTW porting Bf2 weapons to BF2142 is against "the rules of modding" so you can't release a mod for BF2142 with M4 from BF2 http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14060

Edited by Bad_santa12345

BF2142 does not have a debugger, but running it in windowed mode will still give you a popup error most of the time when it crashes.

I would try that and report back what message you get. To run in windowed, add +fullscreen 0 to the start line in the shortcut.

BF2142 does not have a debugger, but running it in windowed mode will still give you a popup error most of the time when it crashes.

I would try that and report back what message you get. To run in windowed, add +fullscreen 0 to the start line in the shortcut.

Then there must be something wrong with my settings because i have never seen any error message from BF2142 when it crashes.

How to add textures to that atlas? I haven't done anything like this before.

I did add the weapon in the Assault kit.

And I know I can't release this and all the modding I have evar done has been for my own fun(that doesn't include only Battlefield). Maybe one day I'll release a mod too but that'll be years from now.

EDIT:

Ok I got the most useful error evar:

"BF2142.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Bla bla blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah"

In fullscreen I didn't get even that.

Edited by Lauryxy