Official BF Editor Forums

Modeling Weapons

Lauryxy

I just started to understand how to make models in Blender so I decided to make a glock 18 for bf2. What I want to know is what parts do I need to make? I mean, do I have to make the mag and such things separately?

I didn't post this in modelling section because there isn't one for blender.

Basically I want to make the model in blender, export as a .3ds, import to 3ds max and then into bf2.

BTW are any of vanilla pistols similar enough to glock 18 to use its anims?

export as a .3ds, import to 3ds max
Keep in mind that 3DS doesn't support complex material setups and hierarchies as well as longer mesh names - you'll need to recreate the structure of the model within Max/gmax to export successfully to the game. If you're new to 3D modelling i'd recommend to use gmax. Its free and it is a spin-off of an older 3DSMax , so you'd become familiar with one of the industries standards. Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

Well I've spent weeks tryng to learn gmax and I still can't do anything in it. And then I learned the basics of blender in just a few days. That's why I use blender. I'll keep trying to learn gmax.

3DS doesn't support complex material setups and hierarchies as well as longer mesh names

Then I'll use 3ds max/gmax for materials and keep the mesh names short.

No offense but maybe you could just answer my question instead of advertising gmax and 3ds max. I will learn them in my free time but now I just want to finish my model in blender and get it to bf2. And I can't finish it without knowing what parts do I need to make separately. Also I don't know how to set up the hierarchy.

BTW if it makes any big difference then I decided to model an M4 with EoTech sight instead of the glock.

' date='12 June 2011 - 07:01 AM' timestamp='1307862098' post='104148']

I doubt that there's a Blender user around for modelling questions.

So what? The parts I need to make separately so they could be moved in animations are not different for blender and gmax are they?

Or is it so hard for you to understand that some people have different preferences? Just because I am the only person around who uses blender instead of gmax you will not help me with a problem where the exact program being used does not matter?

Anyways I dont give a s**t for a while. I have given up modding for some time.

Edited by Lauryxy

I haven't heard a question from you regarding general modelling which couldn't be answered by browsing the tutorial section. We have everything there from hierachies to modelling , example models and other stuff. If you would read them ( and adapting them for Blender ) you'd learn a great deal and could perhaps create a good Blender tutorial for BFEditor.org.

I only told you how things stand and that it is hard to find someone who uses Blender. After all i'm here for more than five years and know what our members use to create models.