Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MattJoey2142

Map Crash When Everything Is Fully Working...

Hello, I am currently finishing a successful map for BF2 Sandbox. My map seems to crash around 62%. Now, I did add objects that were not Vanilla BF2. I added ones from the Euro Force Booster Pack. The objects I added were the smoke objects from Operation Smoke Screen. Well, I put them in my map, moved the object files into my map's folders (Putting them in an Objects Folder, and in Objects_Client.zip/Objects_Server.zip file) also with ClientArchives.con and ServerArchives.con for the directory of the .zip files. But like I said, I have EVERYTHING fully working, I checked through it all, and the init a lot. I don't know why it is crashing. If you want my map to see what the problem might be, I'll release a link for it so you can help me.

Thank you.

i had the same problem before with the booster objects as well. for some reason booster objects are tricky to set up properly. what i did to successfully load booster objects in my map was that i opened up an expansion map to see how the booster objects are packed. so open up an expansion map, ie operation smokescreen. there are no objects_client.zip nor objects_server.zip, instead those maps have an object folder placed within the client.zip and server.zip containing the correct object files per zip. then the init.con has the object run codes at the bottom. i set my maps up the same way as the expansion maps are, then the map loads the booster objects just fine.

Edited by 0utlaw

Well, nothing is working.

This is what I tried.

1. What you said about looking for what EA did for Operation Smoke Screen.

2. Deleting the booster pack objects and leaving the vanilla ones in.

3. Deleting the objects and Object_client(server).zip ontop of the Client/ServerArchives.con files.

4. Deleting the Control Points(I suspected it might be the problem as in it was a problem for my last map I created which worked when I fixed the Control Points).

None of these worked and I am starting to get really mad why EA did not make ALL of the objects compatible with the BF2 Editor instead of us mappers having to move and code and make files so that one pity Booster Pack object can work in our maps...

get really mad why EA did not make ALL of the objects compatible with the BF2 Editor instead of us mappers having to move and code and make files so that one pity Booster Pack object can work in our maps

Well, after all you're trying to 'lend' an object from DICE from an XPack and want to give it to Sandbox users who never bought this xpack. This is against the EULA.

Btw, its probably easier to simply code your own Smoke Shield fog.

' date='11 July 2011 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1310418828' post='104306']

Well, after all you're trying to 'lend' an object from DICE from an XPack and want to give it to Sandbox users who never bought this xpack. This is against the EULA.

Btw, its probably easier to simply code your own Smoke Shield fog.

Uhm, the 1.50 Patch made all Xpacks and Booster Packs free with no charge or anything.

Back onto topic...

62 percent is a missing colormap file... when you run in windowed mode it should give you an error... Outlaw should be able to fix it... if not i can download it and take a look.