Official BF Editor Forums
jimdx

Tables Are Invisible When Played On Server

OK, this is driving me nuts. I have added the Table01 from the BF ComObjects to my map. It works fine in Editor, and when I try the map when creating a local server and playing it. BUT, when I put it on the dedicated server I run, and join the server, the tables are invisible. The collision mesh is there (you can’t walk through them), but they cannot be seen. When I go back and run it from my machine as “Create Local” they’re there again. It does the same for another user…it works on his machine, but not when playing it on our server. I'm suspecting something in (or missing from) the Client.zip? I don't know.

I had a similar problem before with a “spawn Object” jeep. The textures were missing (for local and server), but I fixed it by clearing “overgrowth” that was sharing the same space as the jeep.

The “ServerObjects.zip” on the server has the table object in it. B) Any Ideas?

Edited by jimdx

The objects have to be in the objects_client.zip and objects_server.zip of your mod...check out how the main game does it with the files between the 2 zip files object and server.

If you used BF2 for your mod you will have trouble playing online due to modified content.

You can make a mod with bf2 as the parent mod and add your custom objects to the above mentioned zips.

The objects have to be in the objects_client.zip and objects_server.zip of your mod...check out how the main game does it with the files between the 2 zip files object and server.

If you used BF2 for your mod you will have trouble playing online due to modified content.

You can make a mod with bf2 as the parent mod and add your custom objects to the above mentioned zips.

Thanks Catbox. Just to verify, the object is a stock BF2 object (table01) and I'm creating a map for AIX2. On my server, I coppied the object into the objects_server.zip folder (in the com_objects folder, where it was in the BF2 mod objects_server.zip). Also, there is a serverarchives.con file in the mod that points to the BF2 objects_server.zip folder. BUT my AIX2 mod on my server does not contain an objects_client.zip folder. Should I copy the objects_client.zip from the BF2 mod into the AIX2 mod?

P.S. get some sleep! 2:59AM? LOL

Edited by jimdx

Thanks Catbox. Just to verify, the object is a stock BF2 object (table01) and I'm creating a map for AIX2. On my server, I coppied the object into the objects_server.zip folder (in the com_objects folder, where it was in the BF2 mod objects_server.zip). Also, there is a serverarchives.con file in the mod that points to the BF2 objects_server.zip folder. BUT my AIX2 mod on my server does not contain an objects_client.zip folder. Should I copy the objects_client.zip from the BF2 mod into the AIX2 mod?

P.S. get some sleep! 2:59AM? LOL

You know, come to think of it, we've discovered some weird things in maps we've downloaded (like in KGB_Husky_v3 there's a ladder near cp_firstline that sticks up out of the ground that goes to nothing....

Does anyone know if there's a source of information somewhere about what files/folders are required to be on a dedicated server? I'll serch this forum for a discussion about server management. Perhaps our server is FUBAR (Files Un-present Begging Administrative Review). :lol:

Edited by jimdx