Official BF Editor Forums
jimdx

Crash To Desktop While Taking Flag

I’ve made great progress on my map. Spent many days fixing navmesh issues, it finally works. But, for some reason the map crashes when a human is taking a certain flag (haven’t observed a bot take the flag). No matter who tries to take that flag the map crashes while the flag is coming down (before it turns nuetral). It does the same whether playing on Local or on our server. It only happens in coop mode (conquest works fine). The infantry and vehicle order positions are properly located inside the SA, and all spawn points associated with the CP are located upon the infantry navmesh. Most peculiar. :blink:

I have never been able to get the debugger to work :(

You can PM me a link to the map if you like,and I will take a look at it,in the debugger

Does the CTD happen on all flags,if not which ones ?

You can PM me a link to the map if you like,and I will take a look at it,in the debugger

Does the CTD happen on all flags,if not which ones ?

I PM'd you with a link. Remember that a lot of it hasn't been finished yet (water adjustments, sky, mini map, ambient effects, loadmaps, commander assets, music and of course lightmapping).

Edited by jimdx

debugger shows this,which isnt critical

Version: 1.1.2878-710.0 Build date:2006-9-26 17:53

Active object template: S_Game_mecsf_loose

Active geom template: ziplinerope

Module: AIStrategicEntity

File: D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\AI\AIDLL\AI\AIStrategicEntity\AIStrategicObjectManager.cpp

Line: 1711

Expression: pathfinding->isValidPosition(p, 1, orderPos)

Text: Strategic area Marsh_Camp is invalid!

Version: 1.1.2878-710.0 Build date:2006-9-26 17:53

Active object template: S_Game_mecsf_loose

Active geom template: ziplinerope

Module: AIStrategicEntity

File: D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\AI\AIDLL\AI\AIStrategicEntity\AIStrategicObjectManager.cpp

Line: 1711

Expression: pathfinding->isValidPosition(p, 1, orderPos)

Text: Strategic area Paradrop_Command is invalid!

in windowed and debug mode,i capped both the above mentioned flags,with no CTD

Changed teams recapped them,no CTD

Change the kits/soldiers in the init file to bf2 ones,and try the map in BF2

As it works fine for me in AIX

Devilman, if you wouldnt mind me asking how you got the debugger to work so well :P

Ah,I have a "special" not for public release version of the debugger,from a friend at DICE joke

debugger shows this,which isnt critical

in windowed and debug mode,i capped both the above mentioned flags,with no CTD

Changed teams recapped them,no CTD

Change the kits/soldiers in the init file to bf2 ones,and try the map in BF2

As it works fine for me in AIX

Devilman. Were you playing it in "coop" mode? It works fine for me too in conquest, but not in coop. Also, I re-ran the CreateNavmesh.bat (then replaced the vehicle.obj and the Infantry.obj with the ones from before with some "islands" removed) and re-ran the fixnavmesh.bat. Tried it again in coop.....BAM! CTD when I tried to take Marsh_Camp. I wonder if the vehicle.obj or Infantry.obj could have a problem. I wouldn't think so, but I'm at a loss. :(

i tried it in SP

I think there's something strange going on with this map,and it may have to do with the navmesh

try this

delete the CP Marsh_Camp

add a CP close to where Marsh_Camp was,and give it a slightly different name

also did you add any objects after you did the last navmesh run ?

i tried it in SP

I think there's something strange going on with this map,and it may have to do with the navmesh

try this

delete the CP Marsh_Camp

add a CP close to where Marsh_Camp was,and give it a slightly different name

also did you add any objects after you did the last navmesh run ?

I gave up trying to figure it out. I went back to an earlier version of the map I had saved when it worked, and started over from there. Now it works great. Still need to do all the finishing stuff, but it plays great. We tested it with 3 of us against 20 bots. They kicked our A$$ in the tank battle, then we fought them on foot through the forest to the paradrop zone. Thanks for your help. Send me an email at jimdx00@yahoo.com if you'd like to join us on our server to play it some time. We also have another custom map that's finished. That's a blast too.