Official BF Editor Forums
JeretKings

"battlefield Unauthorized" Mod

Hello, I am Jeret Kings. For the past few months my very good friend (TheMichVideos) and I have really been wanting to start a Battlefield 2 modification. But with little support and/or modding experience, we have no hope of getting anywhere without some help.

Anyway, to get to the point, we are attempting to start a mod called "Battlefield Unauthorized." At first, we were going to do a kind of Battlefield 1942/Vietnam kind of recreation, but after reading the "Rules of Modding" thing, it made me think twice, so we are staging a different approach. Anyway, we were thinking "Hey... Battlefield 1942's 'Desert Combat' mod was a huge hit, but could have been better." Then we thought "Battlefield Play4Free has some neat aspects to it as well, but it's Pay2Win thing doesn't do it well." Sooo... obviously we are wanting to start a modern combat based BF2 mod. We have yet to figure out a lot of things, but we have a general idea of what we are heading for. You are probably thinking "that would really stink," but remember, we are not just mashing these games together, we are creating something new, but bringing the best aspects of these two games into a new environment.

We need moddlers, texturers, animators, programmers, or basically anything and everything we can get. TheMichVideos and I, though, have little to no modding experience, so our real job will be to kind of steer this in the way we want it to go. You see, we are like a car with no motor, and feedback is greatly appreciated. We are mainly connecting through YouTube for communication, so talk to us through YouTube. Thank you so much for your help :D

I would strongly suggest reading and researchin previous mods already create. Desert combat for bf2 was done already long ago ever hear of Dcon. As for a current day updated version of madern day weapons Project Reality has that pretty much covered. Not to mention the host of other mods teams like Xww2,Fh2, Poe and so on. If your gonna have any hope to attract ppl to help you you need to do your homework first.

Caribcanuk

Hello, I am CHOPPERGIRL. For the past few months my very good friend my cat and I have really been wanting to clean up my room. But with little support and/or cleaning experience, we have no hope of getting anywhere without some help.

I need dusters, sweepers, picker uppers, clothes folders, vacuum pushers, dish washers, or basically anybody and everybody I can get. My cat and I, though, have little to no cleaning experience, so our real job will be to kind of steer this in the way we want it to go and mainly supervise it from the top. You see, we are like a car with no motor, and feedback is greatly appreciated. There is no pay involved in this, but your effort will be highly appreciated and you'll be part of a team in creating a beautifully clean room for me and my cat to play in. Thank you so much for your help!

Paraphrasing, god I love it!

For the mentally obtuse, my brutal point is this: kid, like with cleaning your room, you're on your own, and you are going to have to do it all. Don't expect a whole lot of help from your friend, either. Call me cynical, but when it comes time to do any real work, you may find him conspicuously unavailable....

:-) Hope, it springs eternal. Good luck with your um... mod.

BTW, my room, she is spotless and psycho organized, like a Home Depot hardware aisle. It was just a story.

Edited by cobrachoppergirl

TheMichVideos and I, though, have little to no modding experience, so our real job will be to kind of steer this in the way we want it to go.

very very lol. do you mind if i use that quote in my sig?

the hallmark of a good team leader is that he/she has a decent working knowledge of every type of job done by those working under them. how could you possibly hope to build anything that's worth anything, if you don't have the basic skill set to differentiate the good from bad? (e.g. to unitiated, everything new tends to look good) - how are you going to 'steer' the project if you don't know how to steer? will you just tell your team to 'make it more like project reality' or 'make it more like BFP4F?' - and you want experienced workers to respect your position at the head of the team, and to commit to this project? good luck with that, let us know how you get along.

sorry to sound so harsh, but wow - if roles were reversed, would *you* join such a team?

----

hello my name is clivewil and i want a really big bank account, sort of like those by donald trump or bill gates. i have done some cash withdrawals before, but i don't really have much experience actually getting the money to go into my account. my job will be to sort of steer your cash where i want it to go. i need donors, cash gifters, repayment-free lenders, tax write-offs and capital injections...