Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDamagedOne

Model Export Problem...

So I'm attempting to export a portion of my stadium model into the Battlefield editor and I've hit a snag. I've been following Rhino's tutorial on exporting from Max to the editor and I've gone through the steps of creating LOD's (I only made one for testing purposes) and the COL's. I'm now working with the BF2 Max Tools plugin. One problem is my menus look a bit different than those that are in his screenshots so it's a bit harder to compare what he's doing and what I'm doing.

Anywho, the problem occurs when I rename my LOD0_Bleachers01 to just Bleachers01 and then select that and the COL's and run the BF2 Utilities plugin. I get an error message saying "Error! You have more than one mesh that isn't collision selected! You can only have one visible mesh!" I've attached a screen shot of the error message and different looking menu from what Rhino's tut shows.

Any ideas as to what the problem would be and a fix? Any help would be much appreciated! :D

maxexporterror.jpg

If i remember correctly the 3dmax tools for bf2 don't work with max 2011 or 2012... There may be a workaround?

Hmmm... It seemed to install fine and it looks like all the functions are available... I think what I'll do is try to do it with a simple cube and see if that works. Any other help/suggestions is greatly appreciated though ;)