Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Coronaextra

Envmap Question

Hello,

I have 2 questions regarding envmaps.

1. Is there a way to force the editor to render a larger size envmap? I have searched for the generateEnvMap config files, but I could not find them. Is that stuff hard coded?

2. What format are Envmaps saved in? I have edited them in photoshop and have tried most of the common bf2 formats but after I save the game refuses to recognize it as a cubemap.

Thanks in advance, help is always appreciated.:D

Hmm, still cant figure this out.

After looking a bit more, I am convinced that the generate env map stuff is hard coded. At least I could not find any cons for it anywhere. My dds viewer says its a DXT1 compression but unknown format. Photoshop just opens it without any dialogue. Is there an application that can tell me exactly what format this is?

wtv.exe reports it as a DXT1, 8 mipmap dds BUT it has 'Side 1/6' in the status bar meaning it knows this is a dedicated cube map, not just a long thin texture.

in the nVidia plugin inside photoshop when you're just about to save, select 'Cube Map' instead of '2D Texture' and it will write out your cubemap for you

Thanks Clivewill, that's what I needed to know. It was staring me in the face the whole time. :)

Also, thanks for reminding me about WTV, I have been using IrfanView for so long I forget about it.

why are my Envmaps getting screwed up?

So before loading editor go to bf2editor/settings/plugin.ini and change the loaded value of single player editor plugin from 1 to 0 save and load editor and regenerate and it should work fine.

Envmaps.png

Envmaps fixed.png