Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pilots-zw

Such As The Nexus Bfbc2 Editor V0.1 Will The Increase Map Vehicles

Such as the Nexus BFBC2 Editor v0.1 Will the increase Map vehicles, such as I would like to add an AH64 or a T90, how to operate, to change which file, I studied for a long time did not succeed. Does anyone know? Trouble to inform the next thank you!

bc2.jpg

Edited by pilots-zw

At this point you cannot add any vehciles to any maps, due to the reliance on bms/python scripts that are incorrectly made. The underlying tools do not recompile the map from scratch but instead it just overwrites sections. I am working on proper recompiling of maps now.

<field name="AllowMulipleSpawn">false</field>

=>

<field name="AllowMulipleSpawn">true</field>

DICE named the variable "Muliple" but meant "Multiple". Some jeeps: http://i.imgur.com/QCC4D.jpg

You must move the first vehicle more than 15 meters from the spawn point before the second one spawns. This is defined by "RespawnRange". Keep this in mind when testing.

At this point you cannot add any vehciles to any maps, due to the reliance on bms/python scripts that are incorrectly made. The underlying tools do not recompile the map from scratch but instead it just overwrites sections. I am working on proper recompiling of maps now.

No not really. The bms/perl scripts do work like that, but my Python scripts are perfectly reliable for fbrb packing/unpacking as well as xml and dbx conversion. Of course that modding package uses quickbms instead of my fbrb script, so one needs to be careful. But even then, the only issue with the perl script is that files cannot be added. However existing files can be modified and objects added to these files. In fact the tweak above does not even require that but simple editing of some fields.

Edited by Frankelstner

I misread his post, I thought he wanted to add new content to the game which you cannot do at this point, but it surely is possible with a correct set of tools.

You can adjust the position and spawn new vehicles (that already located within the level FBRB) by copying/pasting the vehicle code already in the the level DBX.

You need to give the vehicle a new GUID (which also has to be added to the Objects list at the very top of the DBX) and change the coordinates. This is code is from Bad Company 1, but it should apply to BC2.

th_1921681110-image30.jpg

<instance guid="44442222-3333-4444-5555-666666666666" type="GameSharedResources.VehicleSpawnEntityData">

<array name="Components" />

<field name="Enumeration">0</field>

<field name="Name">AH60</field>

<complex name="Transform">0.5/0/0.5/*nonzero*/0/1.0/0/*nonzero*/0.5/0/0.5/*nonzero*/-850.455200195/100.537506104/785.384277344/*nonzero*</complex> ## Red = X axis, Blue = Z axis (height above/below terrain), Green = Y axis ##

<field name="Enabled">true</field>

<field name="Team">TeamNeutral</field>

<field name="Amount">1</field>

<field name="SpawnDelay">0</field>

<field name="InitializedSpawnDelay">0</field>

<field name="Immortal">true</field>

<array name="Vehicles" />

<field ref="Objects/Vehicles/Air/AH60/AH60/E31B5519-EDEC-4E53-A820-FBDC8FC24837" name="Vehicle" />

<field name="RotationRoll">0</field>

<field name="RotationPitch">0</field>

<field name="Throttle">0</field>

<field name="RespawnRange">15.0</field>

<field name="SpawnAreaRadius">2.5</field>

<field name="TimeUntilAbandoned">10.0</field>

<field name="TimeUntilAbandonedIsDestroyed">10.0</field>

<field name="BotBailWhenHealthBelow">-1.0</field>

<field name="BotBailOutDelay">0.5</field>

<field name="KeepAliveRadius">50.0</field>

<field name="WreckDuration">0</field>

<field name="MaxVehicles">4</field>

<field name="MaxVehiclesPerMap">4</field>

<field name="MeshShaderSetNumber">0</field>

<field name="AutoSpawn">true</field>

<field name="ApplyDamageToAbandondedVehicles">false</field>

<field name="SnapToSurface">true</field>

<field name="SpawnVehicleFromBeginning">true</field>

<field name="DestroyVehiclesOnDisable">false</field>

<field name="SetTeamOnSpawn">false</field>

<field name="EffectedByImpulse">true</field>

<field name="LodDistance">400.0</field>

<field name="EnterRestriction">eerOnlyPrimaryEntry</field>

<field name="OnlySendEventForHumanPlayers">true</field>

<field name="SendWeaponEvents">false</field>

</instance>

The coordinates follow this principle. (DICE made the Y axis back to front for some reason). The center of the map would obviously be 0/0/0. If you use the coordinates of a nearby combatarea already in the dbx file it's easier to pinpoint down.

KFs3D.jpg

As for adding vehicles not in the FBRB package, I tried copying the entire file tree from another FBRB package into the existing one (without overwriting any files) to get access to other vehicles, but on loading it would crash, I don't know why (any files it needed would surely already be there?).

Edited by red99

The coordinates follow this principle. (DICE made the Y axis back to front for some reason). The center of the map would obviously be 0/0/0. If you use the coordinates of a nearby combatarea already in the dbx file it's easier to pinpoint down.

It's the same way in bf2 and I assume even 1942: http://bf2tech.org/index.php/BF2_Coordinates

As for adding vehicles not in the FBRB package, I tried copying the entire file tree from another FBRB package into the existing one (without overwriting any files) to get access to other vehicles, but on loading it would crash, I don't know why (any files it needed would surely already be there?).

Odd. I should try something like that myself and see if anything comes out of it.

can u help me with this ?

Engine/Game/GameplayServer/Entities/Spawn/ServerVehicleSpawnEntity.cpp(195): "Main": Assert: (!data<VehicleSpawnEntityData>().getAllowMulipleSpawn()) Function can't be used with multiple spawn for vehicles
[uTC 08/23/2012 13:13:02.327] Engine/Game/GameplayServer/Entities/Spawn/ServerVehicleSpawnEntity.cpp(214): "Main": Assert: (!data<VehicleSpawnEntityData>().getAllowMulipleSpawn()) Function can't be used with multiple spawn for vehicles
[uTC 08/23/2012 13:13:02.358] Engine/Game/GameplayServer/Entities/Spawn/ServerVehicleSpawnEntity.cpp(1298): "Main": Assert: (!data<VehicleSpawnEntityData>().getAllowMulipleSpawn()) Function can't be used with multiple spawn for vehicles
[uTC 08/23/2012 13:13:02.374] Engine/Game/GameplayServer/Entities/Spawn/ServerVehicleSpawnEntity.cpp(1307): "Main": Assert: (!data<VehicleSpawnEntityData>().getAllowMulipleSpawn()) Function can't be used with multiple spawn for vehicles
[uTC 08/23/2012 13:13:05.232] Engine/Game/Main/Win32/WinMain.cpp(284): "Main": Error: ACCESS_VIOLATION exception: Thread tried to access an invalid memory address (Address: 0x00000026, Operation: Read)
Callstack: 
????, line 0
????, line 0
????, line 0
????, line 0
AptCharacterTextInst::SetTntTextFormat, line 942256
????, line 0

<field name="AllowMulipleSpawn">false</field>

=>

DICE named the variable "Muliple" but meant "Multiple". Some jeeps: http://i.imgur.com/QCC4D.jpg

You must move the first vehicle more than 15 meters from the spawn point before the second one spawns. This is defined by "RespawnRange". Keep this in mind when testing.

No not really. The bms/perl scripts do work like that, but my Python scripts are perfectly reliable for fbrb packing/unpacking as well as xml and dbx conversion. Of course that modding package uses quickbms instead of my fbrb script, so one needs to be careful. But even then, the only issue with the perl script is that files cannot be added. However existing files can be modified and objects added to these files. In fact the tweak above does not even require that but simple editing of some fields.

Edited by vilee

can u help me with this ?

Engine/Game/GameplayServer/Entities/Spawn/ServerVehicleSpawnEntity.cpp(195): "Main": Assert: (!data<VehicleSpawnEntityData>().getAllowMulipleSpawn()) Function can't be used with multiple spawn for vehicles
[uTC 08/23/2012 13:13:02.327] Engine/Game/GameplayServer/Entities/Spawn/ServerVehicleSpawnEntity.cpp(214): "Main": Assert: (!data<VehicleSpawnEntityData>().getAllowMulipleSpawn()) Function can't be used with multiple spawn for vehicles
[uTC 08/23/2012 13:13:02.358] Engine/Game/GameplayServer/Entities/Spawn/ServerVehicleSpawnEntity.cpp(1298): "Main": Assert: (!data<VehicleSpawnEntityData>().getAllowMulipleSpawn()) Function can't be used with multiple spawn for vehicles
[uTC 08/23/2012 13:13:02.374] Engine/Game/GameplayServer/Entities/Spawn/ServerVehicleSpawnEntity.cpp(1307): "Main": Assert: (!data<VehicleSpawnEntityData>().getAllowMulipleSpawn()) Function can't be used with multiple spawn for vehicles
[uTC 08/23/2012 13:13:05.232] Engine/Game/Main/Win32/WinMain.cpp(284): "Main": Error: ACCESS_VIOLATION exception: Thread tried to access an invalid memory address (Address: 0x00000026, Operation: Read)
Callstack: 
????, line 0
????, line 0
????, line 0
????, line 0
AptCharacterTextInst::SetTntTextFormat, line 942256
????, line 0

You say reborn range just changed, does not change the rebirth coordinates, it is impossible to achieve such a change can only be reborn in situ vehicle flew off one, immediately place the rebirth of a, I want to reborn in different locations.vehicles ........