Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dre0

Resizing Object But Keep Texture Static- How To?

Hi

In this video (

) author from 2:40 to 2:47 he changed size of the plane without stretching texture- in other words- the texture is static. How to do it? I did some research with tool "select and uniform scale" but my object texture gets resized with moving objects vertex/edge/etc.

Do you have any idea how does he do it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards!

Okay, I know how this is gonna look like, but! By accident I discovered the answer, however its not an answer to everything. What I had to do is modify plane size here:

planeeditor.jpg

But! The point is once I convert my object into editable poly I cant go back to this width/lenght menu I have to stretch my object and texture stretches as well. So how do I either get back to this menu on the image or how to change size of the plane without stretching texture after conversion to editable poly?

Its really strange to me. :)

Hi

In this video (

) author from 2:40 to 2:47 he changed size of the plane without stretching texture- in other words- the texture is static. How to do it? I did some research with tool "select and uniform scale" but my object texture gets resized with moving objects vertex/edge/etc.

Do you have any idea how does he do it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards!

In Editable Poly or Edit Poly, there is an option called Preserve UVs. Enabling this will allow you to edit the geometry without stretching the UVs or texture.

preserve_uvs.png

To switch between Uniform and Non-Uniform scale modes. Click and hold on this button at the top. A drop down menu will appear with options.

scale_mode.png

Oh god, sorry for my late answer but- THANKS A LOT! Thats exactly what I wanted to discover :). You are such a helpful person Coronaextra! Merry Christmas (well, its close) ! :D