Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
whatever112215

Exporting Weapon Into 3Ds Max

I know, there are too much topics about all this, but my question is not all that simple:

I want to open the weapon with 3ds max, hopefully without any additional programs like bf2 editor or else. 3ds max extensions are OK, as far as they can be downloaded from "trusted" websites.

Basically, I want to learn from the finished weapons. I started creating L96, but had to leave it, because I just don't know how to finish it. Lack of pictures helps in it.

Currently, I'm trying to create the P226, some not simple model, and it shapes kind of OK. I will post it later if you wish. However, I still would like to switch back to L96 (and hopefully, other weapons as well). I'll just be learning and creating the very same model and nothing more. Not editing, not hacking in any way. Just looking at the details and creating the same model. It's just for fun and learning the 3ds max. Hope you get me right. Thanks.

P.S. If you would like to share rude words with me, please keep them to yourself.

P.P.S. I'm a starter in 3ds max and weapon design.

P.P.S. Game files will be taken from: Battlefield Play4free, same engine as for BF2 and 2142. Maybe some others as well.

Edited by whatever112215

Requires 3ds max 6, 7, 8 or 9 (not 2007, not 2008 or 2009, though small chance the importer could work).

And naturally the plugins, found in this same forum.

http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10199

Extract weapon's folder to anywhere on your drive. 3ds max filemenu - bf2 - utilities - mesh importer - find weapon's .con. The importer is not perfect. Each polygon will have unique vertices, and smoothing groups will not be imported.

I'm a bit unsure on BFp4f support for the mesh importer, though it should work, so let us know. Animations on the other hand are more difficult, there's no easy way to import, modify, and export, without needing to redo all the animations.

Edited by Kev4000