Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Detrux

Updated Ipb Software

all ok so far, apart from the initial scare of thinking i'd come to the wrong site

i'm glad the url loop got fixed.

one question: where's the formatting tools gone to, e.g. quote, bold, font colour, link, image, codebox etc? i can't see them anywhere...

Hey, let me look into those issues- I had to do a major version upgrade for security patches but it didn't go very smooth= had to spend a day rebuilding the forum- if there's any content lost please let me know .The count on the number of posts may be wrong but I'll update that shortly.

very sorry on the looping, I messed up the DNS settings.. all good now though!

I don't know about everyone else, but the new upgrades seems Molasses SLOW SLOW SLOW. Esp. doing things like changing your profile feed message, or going into your profile settings, or just in general. Also, multipage messages don't show a 1 2 3 4 5 at the bottom, you have to click [next] to get all the way to the end.

The more you use it, and navigate around in it, the more it seems to speed up though. I assume that's chrome's cache working in the background.

Oh, and I can't get white spaces between paragraphs to show, I haveto put "." between my paragraphs like in this message to seperate paragraphs... otherwise they all run together.

I liked the old software better.... :-/

One thing that does work for me now that has always been broken... I can type bfeditor.org into the URL box, and it will take me to http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/ whereas before, if I did that, it was always a broken link, and I actually had to google bfeditor and get a google list of links and click the link google brought up.

Edited by cobrachoppergirl

Its working quite fast for me (Seamonkey 2.26) but when i got a report about a spammer in Offtopic i can't seem to be able to delete his topic:

http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15880

I could edit his content, though.

CCG, are you really using Chrome? What about its tendency to send everything to big brother you are doing? I'd rather use a different browser despite its speed and everything.

Thanks Detrux for maintaining, i also thought i was on the wrong URL but it became clear after a few moments :-)

Sign in to follow this