• Announcements

• Detrux

Site Relaunched   10/13/2016

Welcome back to BFEditor.org! We've upgraded the forum software, removed the spammers, and improved security. Apologies for the downtime! Det
wolfpack

[Help] How To Make Reload Animation Still Play After Prone Animation?

8 posts in this topic

I have this issue that I'm trying to fix. This is Project Reality by the way.

What I am trying to do is to make the reload animation continue to play without getting cut-off with the prone animation.

Ok, so a concept. I press 'R'. It plays the reloading animation. I press 'z' to Prone, and the proning animation plays, but not the reload one, and it's like it goes back to idle animation/still. I want to make it so that the reload animation plays uninterrupted, so I'm wondering if there's any code that does that.

I know the answer lies within the animationsystems as I disabled the prone animation, and able to reload when proning.

Many thanks and appreciations, as well as a cookie goes out to anyone who can give me an answer :) Meanwhile I'm experimenting and trial-and-error

Edited by wolfpack

I know the solution.

I need to have a line in the code under messagetrigger 4 that tells the game to return to the default value after the animation has played.

The reload animation is playing, but the prone animation is snuffing out the run and reload animations, which gives us a clue at what's happening.

People say it's hard-coded. That's another word for failure. Never give up. It's 'hard-coded' until understood and fixed.

It is possible,but I dont recall exatly how I did it

It was by altering some code in the anim file though

You rock! :D

To be honest, have no clue what I'm doing but I understand what certain things do. It's just gluing the pieces together to understand.

I know SwitchMessageTrigger is the culprit, and renaming it to messagetrigger does allow for the reload animation to play but disables toprone, and topronereverse animation which is also ignored though not the run_prone which is the animation played when pressing the forward etc key.

I'm trying everything now. Maybe I should make a list and cross it off if it doesn't work.

If you don't mind, could you send me a copy of animationsystem1p for the custom mp5 weapon in the video?

Edited by wolfpack

I got an idea.

Place the toprone and topronereverse plus trigger codes in a seperate animationsystem1p file and link to it in the .tweak.

Maybe placing the anim file last will prioratize the animations.

Edited by wolfpack

no that wont work

I have looked at the anim file,and compared it to another prone anim file,and quite cant work out,exactly what i did,to make the reload continue while going to and from prone

I only attempted it,after reading someone posting about it,tried to correct it,corrected it,made a video,and have lost interest in it since