Official BF Editor Forums
dainiuxxx

Frostbite 3 (Battlefield4, Battlefield Hardline(Beta), Need For Speed Rivals, Plants Vs Zombies) Mesh And Skeleton Importers For 3Ds Max 2012X64

Releasing FrostBite 3 (Battlefield4, Battlefield Hardline(beta), Need For Speed Rivals, Plants Vs Zombies) mesh and skeleton importers for 3ds max 2012x64.

Screenshot_2014_08_21_01_44_38.jpg

Tested only on 3ds max 2012x64!!!

Hi.

How can i extract NFS Rivals " cas_01.cas " File ?

i have error when try to extract cas file with Battlefield 4 Python script.

i try to extract cas file with this script "http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/frostbite.bms" but this script can extract "toc and sb".

can anyone help me to extract this file like

video !

thanx

Edited by Javadst

dainiuxxx, thanks for your work! results are really great.

but i've get an error every time I'm trying to import bones.

it worked fine before two week of my vacation, but after it stops work.

-- Runtime error: replace end out of range: 10

thanks.

dainiuxxx, thanks for your work! results are really great.but i've get an error every time I'm trying to import bones.it worked fine before two week of my vacation, but after it stops work.-- Runtime error: replace end out of range: 10thanks.

Hi Tosyk, I know you are a smart man iv`e used and learned from your scripts in the past. I`m sure you`ll figure it out ;]

Hi dainiuxxx!

I am currently trying to proof a theory regarding how the TV missile keeps blowing up inside the attack helicopter that fires it.

But for that I would need the collision mesh of the AH1 Viper, to compare it with the setup of the AH1 in Battlefield 2.

Is it possible to get the collision mesh out of the mesh file? Or is that stored "somewhere else" ?

And I have one additional question. :)

Currently I am working on a concept for a new class system, and to better illustrate it I want to use 3d models in the concept.

So I've been importing the MP models into max with your scripts and this just works brilliantly!

Then I moved over to the SP characters, and started to notice mesh corruptions like this one here:

sp_garrison_head_mesh

11KLjRP.jpg

Hannah looks extremely deformed too when imported.

A5pneJ1.jpg

I first thought maybe the skeleton deforms the mesh on import, but it looks the same when I import the mesh without importing the skeleton first.

So I was wondering if these meshes really look like this or if there is something different in the SP meshes that would require the script to be adapted?

Would be great to hear from you! :)

Edited by infinityloop

@TheRadGamerDan

"That would most likely be that the script isn't reading the bone data from the skeleton scripts properly"

The data is correct(MOHwf has same issues when using ninja ripper(dx11)) what`s going on here is most likely an animation feature called facefx. My guess is that there was an error in the animation/export pipeline. All this weird distortion in-game gets fixed by offsetting the animations. And I have had no time to get to the bottom of this. Maybe the offsets could be calculated and coded into the script...

Hello, I have a problem. I can not use Batch_Itexture_Converter_BF4. Does not work for me, there is no conversion to DDS. I will be grateful if somebody can help me

Hello, I have a problem. I can not use Batch_Itexture_Converter_BF4. Does not work for me, there is no conversion to DDS. I will be grateful if somebody can help me

Record a video of your procedure and post it here.

FBX very picky if there are missing bitmaps in your 3ds max scene. In slate editor top menu select "material" get all scene materials and make sure that all the bitmap nodes have valid texture file links in them. If not either reapply the texture files or delete the maps. Good luck.

It is difficult to understand, especially my main language is not English.Could you show the screenshots or a small video how to do it? But thanks for the reply

Edited by kremos

Now I understand. But when I remove all the textures in the process of transition motionbuilder without problems. But there is no texture. What is the problem?

P.S If I do leave at least one texture (eg hand) - it fails motionbuilder

Edited by kremos