Official BF Editor Forums

Objects not displayed on minimap

Joe

From what I understand you should complete your map and do a full compile then try re generate minimap, but my dam full compile will take 3 freakin days :cry:

But anyway thats what Iv'e heard

PS. also just incase you did not know the image when generated is in your maps editor folder, you need to move it to Hud folder and rename it from minimap.dds TO ingameMap.dds.

Well, after some playing round with it, i found that if you do everything you need to first, and then raise every object you have placed up to about 500m above ground level, straight up, then generate the minimap, you get the majority of the staticobject icons on the map. I think this might have something to do with the way the minimap generating script reads the placement data.

When you place an object under the ground then generate the minimap, the icons turn into the shadows on the ground which you see when the icons don't appear :S (poorly constructed sentence). The way i've come to think of this is like pulling the object way up out of the ground, and then the editor generating a bird's eye view of the objects and placing them in the minimap. So basically, best way i found to achieve this;

Open the map, Click Layers>Select All in layer (trying to select all objects at this point) and the move the objects vertically upwards until their height is approximately 500m above the ground. Generate the minimap and then take a look at it. Hopefully a bunch more icons will appear. Just remember, SAVE the map before raising the objects. Raise the objects, make the minimap, then DON'T SAVE. Then you can reload your level again. Check the [mod name]/Levels/[map name]/Editor/minimap.dds file ;)

Worked here that way:

fp_pic_Icons.jpg

Good luck :)

Well, i was getting bugged by it as well. Thanks to xO^Maus0r for the inspiration to get bored enough to just sit arounbd for a couple of hours to work it out :)

Seems to work for most people. There also seem to be issues regarding smaller middle_east houses and smaller vegetation. I'll keep playing and see what i can come up with :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Phoenix]Well, after some playing round with it, i found that if you do everything you need to first, and then raise every object you have placed up to about 500m above ground level, straight up, then generate the minimap, you get the majority of the staticobject icons on the map. I think this might have something to do with the way the minimap generating script reads the placement data.

When you place an object under the ground then generate the minimap, the icons turn into the shadows on the ground which you see when the icons don't appear :S (poorly constructed sentence). The way i've come to think of this is like pulling the object way up out of the ground, and then the editor generating a bird's eye view of the objects and placing them in the minimap. So basically, best way i found to achieve this;

Open the map, Click Layers>Select All in layer (trying to select all objects at this point) and the move the objects vertically upwards until their height is approximately 500m above the ground. Generate the minimap and then take a look at it. Hopefully a bunch more icons will appear. Just remember, SAVE the map before raising the objects. Raise the objects, make the minimap, then DON'T SAVE. Then you can reload your level again. Check the [mod name]/Levels/[map name]/Editor/minimap.dds file ;)

Worked here that way:

fp_pic_Icons.jpg

Good luck :)

that doesnt work for me, and how did you raise your overgrowth?

• 10 months later...