Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
[EA]LBrown

New Tutorial - Creating a New Team

http://bfeditor.gotfrag.com/Creating_a_New_Team.zip

This should be considered an advanced tutorial. It documents all necessary steps for creating a new team, getting it into the editor, and then getting it into the game.

This tutorial is mainly for Maya, but also contains many editing steps that may be of use to the more adventurous Max users.

The Max version is on it's way.

Please post any errors that you find or comments related to this tutorial here.

hey i think that you have something wrong or i misunderstood what you say you can have more that one .tai file when you use the bf2_atlas maker tool it generates and atlaslist.con file that says which tai file to load just put you new tai name in there and it will load it along with the new texture if you need

and more detailed explanation ask me i will post.

The game will load more than one .tai file, but it will not load more than one MemeAtlas.tai file, or at least that's what I was told by the Dice programmers that showed me how to do this. That is why we have to merge the new entries with the original one. This will be more important once we also start creating our own atlases.

I'm not sure what you mean by th atlas.con file, but I'll look into it. If it's an easier way of doing things, that would be cool. Thanks for the tip.

Several posts were added to this thread concerning editing localization strings, which isn't strictly part of getting a new team in. Yes, they deal with the team, but aren't part of this process, so I deleted them in the interest of keeping the thread clean and on-topic. Please keep these threads limited to the tutorial listed.

If you have questions about the localization files, you can post them in the "Discussion Main" forum, though as I've stated elsewhere, I'm working on getting the localization files for you. I have no info other than that.

ahhhh..LB..any idea when we can get the team tut for 3dsmax...cuz we are close to getting it working but something is still not right,must be the naming in hierachy...if we could just get the heirachy for a skinned soldier that would surfice for the time being..i should point out that rex's soldier scene file has a few wrong names in hierachy...thanx lb..please reply

Just a question:

Do i have to make complete new playermodels for an own Team ?

-> we're only a small Mod-Team, that would be a lot of Work for our Modeler, and we only have one! :? :shock: :cry:

... but btw. if somebody would like to join our paintball Mod, he can write me an PM :D:lol:

This and other tutorials are offline. I really, really need this one.

Sign in to follow this