Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JONES

New BF2Editor Singleplayereditor?

Hey Guys!

Since the new Singleplayer Editor is available can anyone do a tutorial how to work wit the navmeshes or anyhow whit this editor option? I am not reraly familia whit singleplayerediting or navmeshs.

TUTORIAL NEEEEEDED!!! :lol:

None of us are, the ed just came out 24hrs ago, I should expect it to be a couple of weeks untill some kind of tut is ready, also you best off watching this topic http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~bf42players/in...?showtopic=3552 as these guys will be ripping into it.

EDIT:

That would be cool, I wonder if EA will release an introduction to teh SP editor part
With LB gone you can forget about EA making any kind of Documentation regarding the editor.

We're hitting a few walls with the navmesh generator. It's case of trial and error at the moment as they leave us to work it out for ourselves. A few of us over at bfsp forums have had some limited success in getting a navmesh into the game. I got a 16 player version of Mashtuur city working in which the bots would spawn and not die. Unfortunately they wouldn't actually move away from their spawn points. There is a lot of cleanup work to be done in Maya with the infantry and vehicle navmesh so perhaps I missed some unnatached surfaces somewhere. Perhaps I miss an entire crucial step between exporting the navmesh from Maya and into the game. Who knows at this point?!?! I've never navmeshed in 3d before in my life!

Oh and if any Dice devs ever come here and read these forums....please make a small anonymous post with a little help on this :lol: Pretty please?

I have bots working in a test map in game!. As kysterama said we are working out the bugs as fast as we can. Once we get the procedures down we will get some tutorials up.

I will say this, you have to have all the singleplayer files (ie; StrategicAreas, CombatAreas, ETC) in the map and pathfinding files created (.gts files) before you ever dbl click on the CreateNavmesh.bat file!

I see the battlefieldsingleplayer guys hanging into it, i hope they have in not to long time a nnice tutorial how to get bots working in custom maps because im totaly n00b in making bots.

lol i did like a ton of maps for BF42 but never whit bots because it was to dificult whit the bf42 engine, now i just can hope its easyer whit bf2...

keep hanging in :P