Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Detrux

New Editor version out

I second that. The new editor runs smoother, less buggy and is a nice improvement. Thanks to all the programmers making that possible. Also love the new debugger :D

Thanks again and keep up the good work !

Now for the ATI shadow shader bug :wink:

Am I the only one having probs with the new editor?

Everytime I want to load any mod else then bf2 it crashes...

I haven't had any probs... I installed and am finishing a map i was working on in the old editor... finally figured out how to get the SF stuff working... i still had to manually add teams in the init.con... and manually add the vehicles... CB

On windows XP x64 bit version you have to right click on the installer to bring up properties and on the compatability tab choose Run this program in compatability mode for windows XP or else it won't install .

New version is great. I love how the mouse wheel just work now instead of the usual fight.

But,,,

When I go to compile map it dosnt compile the terrain so it ends up just black. Anyone got any ideas.

oh_dear.jpg

Same thing Happens to me...May Some on Help us Please..

Im thinkin about goin back to the other editor cause seems to me like they didnt fix jack Fu*k all. Only thing new in it is the Single Player

My Specs are

AMD +4000 San Diego core

XFX 7800GT 256

1 gig Corsair ram

Asus A8N Premium

Yep but thanks to the Singleplayer addition I now have bots running around in my test map doing cool bot things!

Yep but thanks to the Singleplayer addition I now have bots running around in my test map doing cool bot things!

The new editor still has some memory trouble with large maps for me.

But the packing bug concerning the *.tai files is gone (at least for mod packing) and generally its an improvement. And once you get the hang of navmesh creation its really fun :D

Yeah I know but was hoping it might be something simple or something i was doing.

TAI error never was a great issue as I've always used Rexman tools. (Bows Low)

Have to agree though in general its a huge improvement.

Yeah I know but was hoping it might be something simple or something i was doing.

Catbox]You can transfer the files manually...  just compare to a vanilla map

CB

can u please explain on transfering the files manually because i checked all the detail maps and color maps and detail maps and color maps in teh editor folder and there all there. i also checked to see if the terrain data is there and it is

Hi EA,

thanks for supporting mapping for the xpack with the new Editor.

But could you guys plz post somewhere the LightmapSamples of the Special Force's Buildings? Would be great.

Otherwise mapping for Special Forces would end up in no Lightmap games - would not be fun.

Thanks in advance.

BierPizzaChips

i dont see any objects that i can use in makin an xpack map...all it will let me put it are weapons

and i went to mod manage but there was nuttin there exept weapons...i want to use a damn veichle

Not to be sayin that i did this but i have found how to fix the problem with the black textures from readin up on one of these posts...The real person who diservers the credit is "-R|F-"...i dont no who he is but what eva.

What u have to do is goin into ur map folder click on the folder labled editor copy detail and color maps... Paste them in then main directory of ur map then repack the level

Sign in to follow this