Official BF Editor Forums
n00gz

Single Player AI in new Editor

Has ne1 got the Single player ai workin in the new editor yet?

Confuses the hell outa me :(

I checked both boxes in Addin manager for Singleplayer and ProfilerUI (whatever that is?)

tried b4 added the waypoints and stuff but n00bed out and crashed at the end of map load as usual when i tried to load.

I suppose i have to edit some lines of code as well somewhere :?:

If anyone succeeds in this could they post a brief how to guide

cheers!!

You will in any case need to generate pathmaps (navmeshes) before _anything_ happens. First go to the strategic areas section and create Areas around the controlpoints. Have a Combat Zone defined. Now you should be ready to generate Navmeshes , afaik. (As i still fiddle with the combat zone, i'm not there yet)

Let us know of your progress :D

I have just been playing around with the editor with no idea what i am doing. I take it that you have to extract the Server.rar file to be able to load the map in the editor, mod/bf2/levels/map name/server.rar. Has worked for me but not sure if that is the right thing to do.

Also if i was able to make a single player map would I be able to put it into the BF2 folder, or do you have to create a mod to run it?

Sorry for being noobish but I am desparate for some SP action and would like to try it out myself.

What's typically the problem when your bots just stand at the spawn points then usually drop dead and don't do anything? I'm only asking this on behalf of someone else, so I can't be overly specific about the problem - although they have followed all the tutorials they could find on the net about this.

Thanks

if their suiciding that would indicate that their not on the navmesh. Did your friend go thru the navmesh generation and tweaking in 3ds/maya? If you turn on render|ai|draw ai, any spawnpoints that show up with a red dot under them need to be moved or removed