Official BF Editor Forums

Creating Your First Bot Support / Navmesh

Whoa, talk about a fast reply! :) Nice :)

Now, about the islands... I don't have more than one, I trimmed them out in Max, so I only have one element.

I think all of my flags have a team, but could you post a part of your code, so I can see if we're talking about the same thing?

And, yes, I've moved the landing zones... At least I think I did. Are the landing zones the same thing as the Infantry and Vehicle orderpositions? If not, can i do this without running the CreateNavmesh.bat again? I mean are they stored in a *.con file somewhere? CreateNavmesh.bat takes a lot of time for a map this big, with so many objects...

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LandingZones are no longer used. Its true that a few remains are in game but we were assured by the DICE developers that they are not in use anymore. Remove them from your map.

OrderPositions on the other hand are very useful and should be placed inside the StrategicAreas .

Whenever I kill a bot, the game crashes, ant the debugger isn't giving me an error...
that sounds like a different error. Check your weapons against other (LAN WAN ) players and make sure you didn't tamper with the damage system or materials. Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

Whoa, talk about a fast reply! :) Nice :)

Now, about the islands... I don't have more than one, I trimmed them out in Max, so I only have one element.

I think all of my flags have a team, but could you post a part of your code, so I can see if we're talking about the same thing?

And, yes, I've moved the landing zones... At least I think I did. Are the landing zones the same thing as the Infantry and Vehicle orderpositions? If not, can i do this without running the CreateNavmesh.bat again? I mean are they stored in a *.con file somewhere? CreateNavmesh.bat takes a lot of time for a map this big, with so many objects...

Sorry - I meant to say orderpositions. What MS said........

As I said - I'm far from an expert here, but when I have an issue these guys and this forum is great. And you just heard from one of the best....

OK, I finally got the Debugger up to speed, and I got it to show me an error. The Error was:

Debug assertion failed!

Version: 1.1.287-710.0 Build date:2009-8-20 18:8
Active object template: CPNAME_DP_64_maintenancebuilding
ObjectTemplate Last modified by user: [My PC Name]
Active geom template: wrench
Module: NavMesh
File D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\AI\AIDLL\AI\AIPathFinding\NavMesh\QuadTreeManager.cpp
Line: 748

Expression: island < m_quadTrees.size()
Text: 4294967295

Current confile:

Call stack:
Only available in DEBUG builds

I didn't know what the hell this was, so whenever it popped up, I looked at that base (CPNAME_DP_64_maintenancebuilding). What I saw was a bot on the roof of the building (you can't get there, there's no ladder) standing in place and rotating around its Y axis, ...or whichever, the vertical one. He was rotating in circles, like he couldn't move from that spot. So I thought "Maybe I have another island?", I checked, and no, I didn't have, so it must have been the Infantry.obj. I opened it up welded a few vertices, made the sides of the building inaccessible, so they couldn't get near the walls or roofs. Then I NavMeshFixed it, and I also moved the spawn point within the building away from the walls.

No cigar.

I still get that error! Mind you, this error showing up in the debugger, made my game crash when not in the debug executable.

So, what I did was delete the cache folder in the ...-->My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\ folder, and then I added +ignoreAsserts 0 to my shortcut, which seems to work for now.

But I know that the map is not fixed, it's just that I chose to skip the error with +ignoreAsserts 0.

Maybe you know what causes this? If you do, please tell me, I'm still wrecking my brain over this! <_<

P.S.: I haven't changed any materials considering the ones the bots use, except for one, a custom billboard skin I made, and there were no billboards in the level, I added this one from the standard objects, and I did it following this tutorial: [bF:A] Croupier's Custom Skins for your Map Tutorial

It uses an object_client.zip from within the level.

As for the Weapon System, I haven't made any changes.

EDIT: It just crashed again.... The shortcut modification seems to make i crash less frequently, but it still crashes...

Edited by Nitrus

It seems I have solved my problem...

The island < m_quadTrees.size() appearing was a result of a inadequately positioned soldier spawn point, and an orderposition. I also had some problems regarding vehicle spawn points being out of the bots combat area, and for that i just used the infantry.obj for the vehicle.obj too.

Edited by Nitrus

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...