Official BF Editor Forums
[RC]cajunwolf

Welcome Back Bf2Editor!

The spambots aren't that much trouble if you keep up with it. Over at Battlefieldsingleplayer I have myself and three others that, every time a spam bot pops it's head up, ban the ip or ip range. Over time you get rid of most, but you have to always stay on your toes. I just had to fight a malware hack that took me 4 days to kill, they are the real problems.

Holy cow, how? Who did it? Thank you!

And who's gonna clean up the spambots? :P

I have sent Detrux 2 PM'S and a E mail heard nothing back,

if any of you know him ask him to contact me regarding

the future plans of this site,

cheers.

The capcha system needs to be updated to prevent spambots, and it'll be great if the forum version gets updated

Edited by wolfpack

Hey all!

Detrux has always been difficult to contact :)

I'm a moderator, but I'm unable to delete topics or posts anymore, think whoever restored the site didn't restore the privileges. Plus some spam bots have 40,000+ posts and topics, so would need someone able to delete accounts along with posts to even get close to clearing the site.

but I'm removing posting abilities of bots when I see them though.

Bensta,if you hear from Detrux have him get in touch with me over at Battlefieldsingleplayer because I want to talk to him about sharing the load with moderators and admins. After all we pretty much have the same members in common, and this way we could have someone monitoring both boards all the time without overloading any one, or two people.

Hey guys,

My apologies for letting the site go to shit.... I hadn't been actively monitoring it or participating in the community. I hadn't realized it had even been offline for so long until kano emailed me.

I'm working with Invision Power Board (forum software company) to upgrade the database/forum software as it appears to have been hacked in order to send/show spam, and that's why the hosting provider shut it down.

Once the upgrade is completed in the next 2 weeks, I will try to force an auto-password reset.

My apologies again for letting such a great community down.

best,

Det

Howdy Detrux,

Cajunwolf from over at Battlefieldsingleplayer. I recently had to fight a bad hack too, but it was on the main site, not the forums, which is behind our site (this helps BTW). I too am looking into upgrading our Power Board software, which is much older than your yours, in order to keep attackers at bay. Like you I'm not near as active as I once was, and I don't always have the time I did in the past to keep an eye on website maintenance like I should, but thank goodness I have a great moderator - admin team. I was wondering if you might be interested in joining forces by sharing moderator teams. When you get right down to it, we share a common interest and members, and I would like to keep all the knowledge that has been collected by a lot of hard work, by a lot of talented people, available to any new modders, or old members for as long as possible. If interested give me a holler here or at bfsp (cajunwolf@battlefieldsingleplayer.com).

Nations At War (nawmod.com) was hacked too, we decided to wipe the whole thing and start again,

Like Cajun said we want to help in anyway we can to keep the bf2 sites up and running.

Welcome back to the scene!

Many, many times I regretted not to be able to access this bf2 encyclopedia.

Thanks to that, I feel my mod is closer to its finishing date..

SERPIKO