Official BF Editor Forums
Detrux

Appologies And Next Steps

My apologies to the community for allowing the site to go offline for so long. I hadn't been actively monitoring this site and had not realized it was down until i got an email from kano. I will be upgrading the site within the next 2 weeks, deleting spam, and creating some BF1 specific forums. I'll touch base with some mods for preventing spam in the future as well. Please let me know if there's other sections/changes needed.

Again my apologies for letting you guys down!

Det

Well, I'm glad the site is back up. A lot of valuble information is in here. Hope the new mods can control the spam and hoping the people come back and bring life in here. Good luck.

It's Awesome to see the site back online so much knowledge here.

Det: if you would be interested id like to offer any assistance that i can with hte site, be it helping with the running of the forum (cleaning out the spam) or offering a place to have a backup stored of the site.

Lee

Thank goodness, I think I may have given you a call awhile ago. I'm glad that the forum is back and I'm also available if you need someone to help manage/backup the site.

The site's admin functionality is down due to prior hack... I am working with Invision Power Board (forum software provider) and they are ready to help upgrade and repair the database this week. Once we're on the latest version and the repairs to admin functionality is complete, I will remove the spam and nominate some moderators. I'll also be able to create a BF1 section then.

Thanks for your patience,

Det

Cleaned out a ton of spam. Still looking for more. :)   Going to go through my BF2 files and see what i can upload if content links are dead from the past.

Well, well - i'd given bfeditor.org up for dead and haven't been here for a long time until Catbox spammed my EMail account with notifications, hehehe. Well it's good to have the site back, thanks Detrux. I've browsed through the tutorial threads and from what i saw, there's everything allright and no harm done except for some old references to non-existent servers from long time ago.

28800 spam topics deleted so far, upgraded the backed MySQL server to 4 GB of RAM and an SSD for 1 week so I can make the cleanup and version upgrade go smoother. New go-live date is planned for this Thursday if all goes smoother now.

Cheers,

Det