• Announcements

• Detrux

Site Relaunched   10/13/2016

Welcome back to BFEditor.org! We've upgraded the forum software, removed the spammers, and improved security. Apologies for the downtime! Det
newmodder

Remove collision damage with gunship

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

For my gunship only server I'm trying to make it so that gunships doesn't take damage when they collide, but so far I haven't had any success.

Any ideas on how this could be done?

Edited by newmodder

If you want them still to take damage from weapons this is a tricky action - you'd need to manipulate the materialmanager setting and find the collision pair for Heli Material to Heli Material. If you mod this to 0 (zero) damage, two helis can collide without taking damage.

If you only want them to be invincible, all you need to do is to set the Hitpoints and the MaxHitPoints to an incredible high number (like 99999).

Thank you for your reply.

I want the gunships to take damage from enemy gunship missiles. I will try your first suggestion and see if I can find the collision pair.

Edited by newmodder

I don't know if this helps, but you can disable collisions entirely for the gunship individually player by player. I've done it on the F35 in BF2 and could land surf and go through objects. Probably not what you're looking for, I think.