Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cobrachoppergirl

EA releasing the BF1.0 / BFVietnam / BF2 / BF2142 source code

I wonder if there is any chance of this ever happening if someone from whatever is left of the community made some dogged inquiries.

We could write out the Gamespy dependencies and fix a whole heck of a lot of bugs...

I wonder who we should talk to first at EA to make this happen?  

Oddly, I actually went to class in high school with someone, who ended up working at EA sports at their Atlanta office in marketing....  whether they still have a job there or not, I'd have to look on Linkedin...

CHOPPERGIRL @ AIR-WAR.ORG

Edited by cobrachoppergirl

dammit, when reading your title i thought it meant EA had already planned to release it - not 'will they ever release it'

I know right!   Let's make it happen!    Even though I've completely forgotten the game and moved on...

By now BF2 is probably about as old as Doom or Wolfenstein or maybe even more was when ID released the source code...

It would be a boon to EA, and we'd have to couch it that way...  creating new potential players and customers for their later BF releases... should such new players decided to graduate and move on/up to a richer game environment.

Me, I like the austerity of BF2142/BF2.... the interface just feels right.   I never did take to any of the later Frostbite games.   I pushed Server Side Modding only to the absolute limit and made the free demos rock and then ported it all over to the full games.  Such a shame 5 years of coding work gone to waste.  All polished nad sleeping dormant in a desk drawer on one USB stick,...  

Edited by cobrachoppergirl