Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DistraCt

Cant play my own map

oke with the toturial i get the server.zip and the client.zip but i also need the Info map.. what should i do to get the info map? .. where can i choose the background which you can see if you load the map and the map logo? cause thats in the info map

the info folder should be in your map folder... then make a picture 512x512(of whatever you wan't) and name it.... loadmap and save it as a .png in photoshop and then paste it over the loadmap.png thats in the info folder... do the same for the other

.png files... such as... gpm_cq_16_menuMap.png

CB

cant fix the newest error :(

trala6or.jpg

can anybody help me?

( *** Looking for unsused object lightmaps [modsbf2LevelsMy_LevelLightmapsObjects]... ***

*** done ***

*** Generating atlas lightmaps for [levels/my_level/lightmaps/objects]... ***

*** Failed ***

)

try making a map the same size(name it... Test)

then erase the lightmaps

folder in your map you made... then replace the lightmaps with the lightmaps from your Test map into your map folder...

then start BF2 and it shouldn't crash... at least not because of unopenable lightmaps... CB

Ok i tried it if i generate the lightmaps i always get this error in de mod editor:

*** Looking for unsused object lightmaps [modsbf2Levelstest2LightmapsObjects]... ***

*** done ***

*** Generating atlas lightmaps for [levels/test2/lightmaps/objects]... ***

*** Failed ***

and this kind of errors for all the objects:

[LightmapGeneration] : Error loading lightsampling file: objects/staticobjects/military/uniqueobjects/us_carrier_wasp/us_carrier_wasp_back/Meshes/us_carrier_wasp_back_ladder.samples

[LightmapGeneration] : Error creating lightsampling!

[LightmapGeneration] : Error loading lightsampling fil

so i cant create lightmaps for the objects,, how could i fix that?

that must be the reason for the error that i get ingame...

have you downloaded the lightmap samples? Its 700mb and you have to put the three zip files in this folder

C:Program FilesEA GAMESBattlefield 2bf2editor

heres the link...

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/bat...s/downloads.jsp

you dont have to run lightmaps for your map to work... maps just look cooler with the shadows from the lightmaps... CB

oke i downloaded the lightmaps etc. now it doesnt give an error for lightmaps but i get this error:

omgzzz35pz.jpg

8) lol thx for helping me so far :)

where can I generate the colormaps? cause that map is empty :o i saw in the terraineditor mode something where i can add a colormap ,, .tag extencie ... can i download them somewhere then?

The colormaps are created when you paint your map in the terraineditor :wink: Before saving them, remove the read-only flag from the 'colormaps', 'detailmaps' and 'lowdetailmaps' folders in the map. The new editor accidently creates them read-only....

oke thx so far :) ,,

Now i can see My_Level in the list and i can load the map for 15 % and then it crashes:

omg8po.jpg  

why do i get that error?  

Distract

hey, this in my map.

what are you doing with it?

this is my knife arena.

I copied the Info map to test my map :wink: but i already have another Info map self made :)

Oke thx for al the replys when ive time im gonna try it :)

Btw is it possible to copy and paste the colormaps from another map into my own map?