Official BF Editor Forums

An AI plane's choice of targets

mft004

Greetings wizards - if you're not all retired yet XD :'(

I seek help. In my sub-mod of Fh2 (wizards on their forums all retired), I have a few late entries to the tank pool including Jagdtiger. When I drive this beast out to the battle, the enemy AI in bomber planes choose to strafe the tank with machine gun fire rather than drop bombs on it. Would anyone know what setting needs to be changed, presumably in the tweak files of the tank, which will make the plane AI recognise that this is not a soft-top vehicle and thus should be bombed, not strafed?

Thanks for any help and sorry to disturb your retirement!!! A little shoutout to Clivewil for helping me with slowing plane speeds a few years back!

Mark

19 hours ago, mft004 said:

presumably in the tweak files of the tank

i take this to mean that the bomber mentioned is behaving normally with other tanks and it's only this specific tank that is getting straffed instead of bombed.

open the tank's Objects.ai and check that its setStrType is set to HeavyArmour, like in this example from the Tunguska -

aiTemplatePlugIn.create Physical TunguskaPhysical
aiTemplatePlugIn.setStrType HeavyArmour

Edited by clivewil

You're still alive! This is a great day.

Many thanks, that solved the problem. Yes the other regular tanks are treated to bombs and rockets rather than straffing. Jagdtiger wasn't included in a vanilla Fh2 release, it was part of a community modpack for Fh1 vets mostly but didn't have any ai support so I had to copy previous examples - I chose a Marder III which is also a non-turreted tank destroyer but that vehicle ai template had the LightArmour StrType as you suspected.

Many thanks again sir

Edited by mft004