Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mach10

Generating MD5 Checksums for your mod

Make sure you download a python interpreter.

Browse to your BF2 root folder.

Open generate_md5.py

Edit line 32: mod_name = "bf2"

Replace with the name of your mod's folder.

Save file, exit.

Run the generate_md5.py file

When finished it will place the md5s in your mods root folder. If the m5ds are listed as size of '360' bytes, you are good to go.

Oh, a little side note...

If you edit this an generate, you may want to change the mod name back. For some reason if you leave the python in this state, it will significantly slow the speed of your BF2 loads, not quite sure why atm.

Well going to bump this one once again.

If I generate md5s for the bf2 mod everything is good and nice. If I generate them for my mod, well, it just kicks me.

Since it isnt the algorith it just has to be the contents of my ClientArchives and ServerArchives files or something in the levels folder. Something tells me it has to do with those nasty shader file checksums.

Whoever sucessfully generated md5s for a mod, can you tell me exactly what was inside your archive files/levels folders and if you edited something in the .py script or not?

Oh, and its cleaner to run the script in a command prompt. You will exactly what it does and it allows oyu to give the mods name as the fist argument so you dont have to edit the file

Make sure the directory you are in is the bf2 main folder where the file is located.

(like "C:Battlefield 2>generate_md5.py myMod")

6 one, 1/2 doz the other... using a prompt or editing 3 characters in a file as just as easy. Seeing the actual progress is the same if you have your interpreter setup correctly (you might wanna double check yours). As far as changing anything else, nope. Picked up everything perfectly, and has worked for 10-15 times, dunno what you did, but it sounds like a fubar.

Can you explain a bit on progress? Whenever I run the vanilla script its just a prompt doing nothing untill its done hashing. Or do you mean the contents of the filecache when its starting? Also, am I the only one actually having trouble with a bug that makes the bf2 shader archive appear twice when you have your own shader archive in your mod?