Official BF Editor Forums

How get this reflection?

desolatordan

I'm guessing you would use EnvMapColormapGloss if you wanted see thru windows use AlphaEnvMap.

Although these techniques are only available to BundledMesh.fx so model your windows seperate and attach in the editor.

You could also try the cockpit technique as well see what that looks like.

Croupier]I'm guessing you would use EnvMapColormapGloss if you wanted see thru windows use AlphaEnvMap.

Although these techniques are only available to BundledMesh.fx so model your windows seperate and attach in the editor.

You could also try the cockpit technique as well see what that looks like.

Yeah. Its possible but probably not easy unless you have alot of modellingcoding skills. And as far as I know it hasnt been done extensively, so who knows how it would effect gameplay(lag.)

Unfortunately you'll get an error message about it ('Shader is flawed...'). But it's possible to add a bundledmesh child to a staticmesh bundle in the editor. If the concrete parts of the building are a staticmesh, one could add a huge windowplane to it using a bundledmesh with a high gloss.

I used cockpit, I will try some other's and see what I get, but I'm pretty happing with it so far, also I can vary the opacity on the glass, but I think I have it how I want it, to get it more like BF 2142 I would remove the transperency alltogether, here's some more screens with the level lighting adjusted for a different feel.

g1.JPG

g2.JPG

g3.JPG

g4.jpg

Here's some footage:

wmv 16mb

DivX 5.8mb

That's right. The glass visible mesh is assigned bundledMesh material named Cockpit||Cockpit to invoke the technique.

The bundleMesh material contains a color and bump texture, you can get away with just using a color but for better results I used both.

Color map is saved as dxt5, bump is a tangent space normal map saved as dxt1.

Play with the alpha channels on both textures untill you get the desired result.

Is it possible having a sample file or detailed informations? Really cool windows, i'm trying to do this but doesn't work for me :roll:

- Made a window with the 3 collisions, created static with BF2 utilities.

- Named bundledmesh material "Cockpit||Cockpit"

- One DXT5 texture, named *_c (or _de, the same result..) with greyscaled alpha (one took in BF2 not modified -> common_window_c.dds). Same result with _d normal map texture.

- Exported, no transparency.

bf2Materials.exe modifications doesn't seems to do something...

Big thx for your help ;)

Most likely your exporting the mesh as staticMesh, you should be exporting the mesh as bundledMesh as the envmap technique (cockpit) wont work on staticmesh.

Here's a list of techniques for bundledmesh:

Alpha

Alpha_Test

Alpha_TestColormapGloss

AlphaEnvMap

AlphaNoHemiLight

AnimatedUVAlpha_TestColormapGloss

AnimatedUVColormapGloss

Cockpit

CockpitNoHemiLight

ColormapGloss

EnvMap