Official BF Editor Forums
mschoeldgen[Xww2]

Editor Bugs Version 0.1.237.0 (May,15th,2006)

Still existent bugs:

Object Editor: The Editor still doesn't write subGeometryLodDistances for BundledMeshes (and probably skinnedMeshes). Add them manually and don't edit with the editor (it will erase your lines) without having a backup of your .tweak file.

fixed bugs:

The 'read-only' bug seems to be gone :D . A newly created map can be painted and saved w/o problems and file attribute changes.

Feel free to add your finds or correct my mistakes :P

Edited by [BFP] Detrux

New sub folders for say vehicles inside the vehicles folder and named ships, seems to be ignored if the folder isn't inside the zips(if their made) but inside the objects folder.

Solution: Sync ( Pack the mod ) ZIP files and uncompressed files often, best before you open an object with a changed file structure in Object Editor.

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]
mscho: added solution

Don't know if it's a bug but you can no longer use Vehicle camera mode in the editor. Previously you could select a vehicle and switch to vehicle camera mode and just drive/fly it around. I see no reason why they would remove that, it was very useful to test map balance (like the time it takes to drive to X base from each adjacent base. Having to go in-game for that is painful.

Editor seems to ignore a supplied '+forceLoadPlugIn' command line argument for loading additional plugins. This is true at least for the SinglePlayer Plugin DLL.

Solution: Add the desired plugin from the Add-In Manager menu and make sure to check both 'Autoload' and 'Loaded' checkboxes.

When I change the AnimationSetup1p.inc file inside of the BF2 Editor...It seems to save it into a completely different file, then it makes it so you can't open the gun for some reason...???

' date='Jun 19 2006, 02:05 AM' post='41929']

I think they disabled that feature cause it was a no.1 candidate for crashing the editor. Ever fired a gun in that mode :P ?

Yeah why does the Editor crash when you fire guns in the soldier camera? I keep on firing shots on accident and crashing when I'm doing important stuff on my map, it's annoying.

Yeah why does the Editor crash when you fire guns in the soldier camera? I keep on firing shots on accident and crashing when I'm doing important stuff on my map, it's annoying.

Lol i can't say why, i just say 'Don't' . Avoid the soldier view as much as possible. The view itself is not stable and using a gun you should keep for the game :D

I thought i might add this. Its been in the editor since the very first version:

The smoothing tool (terrain editor) often gets confused when used on the edges between primary and secondary (surrounding) terrain. The surrounding terrain often gets spikes and renders useless after saving.

Solution: Use the levelling tool to work on edges or the standard raise/lower tool.

The undo function can create wild spikes in the surrounding terrain.

Solution, do not use undo or Ctrl Z.

CTD when trying to use Instant tweaker, or reload object/geometry?

Edited by Shade

CTD when trying to use Instant tweaker, or reload object/geometry?

I reload geometries quite often when running editor and Max simultaneously and it mostly does a good job. Crashes mostly appear for me after editing effects (the old bug with repeated entries for effects) and then reloading object resp. geometries.

The Instant tweaker i never use , can't say anything about it.

It usually crashes in the aniation editor if I update an animation in Max and before its done switch back to the editor. I just have to wait untill the tools are odne, then it doesnt crash.

It usually crashes in the aniation editor if I update an animation in Max and before its done switch back to the editor. I just have to wait untill the tools are odne, then it doesnt crash.

Thats because the editor tries to reload the animation but max is at the same time writing the new animation so the editor gets bad data.

Well I think it should reload if you click either a button or not crash :P. Simple check if the file returned is valid. Hell, check for a filechange event and THEN reload (other applications have this behaviour aswell, like texteditors), but I guess thats more a request then

Thread pinned. This is the current editor , issued with BF2 patch 1.3

Note that with patch 1.4 and 1.41 features unknown to the editor have been added to the engine , like:

timeUntilCanDetonate
explosionInnerConeRadius
flashbangRadiusWithNightVision
flashbangBillboardMinAlpha

and so on, like all the UAV properties. These will throw errors in the editor console when encountered. You cannot code these with the editor but the engine digests them.

When using the editor to create a new mod, it fails to do the right case on all folder in the python structure. Python scripts only do work if the python folder structure comes in all small letters but the Editor creates them with a capitalized first letter.

Solution : Rename python folder and all its containing folders to small letters only:

E.g. :

Python becomes python, Game becomes game and so on.