Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
D_Lusted

Flag poles invisible

Is there a way you can make the flag poles invisible?

I have recreated BHD, but it looks a bit naff with a flag pole next to the BH.

I want the CP to show on the Minimap, and I want the transition that happens below a flag when capping it....

Is it possible?

I know you can change the capture point to something other than a flagpole. In the properties of the control point you can change it from a flagpole to, say, a mosque. That at least removes the flagpole... but I haven't figured out how to make the actual flag disappear. It still displayes.

I have not found a way to make it completely invisible... but I haven't tried that hard yet.

That's cool.....

This there a way I can change the properties of the flag, ie add a line to isvisible 0, and call it "flag_x_invisible"?

I didn't notice a property readily available, but then again I didn't look to hard. I just didn't see it through the editor.

I know with static objects there is the visible property. Maybe through the .con file that line can be added for the control point.

You could try placing the flag below the ground line, and then chage the capture radius to a sphere. It stops the flag pole from being visible, still allows for it to be capped. Or, if you just want it uncappable, just put it below ground.

You could eve rotate 180 degrees vertically and allow the base of the pole to be hidden in a box/crate or something. These are 'cheap' work arounds for invisible, but still doable.

Edited by NeonKnight

simplest way is scrol down on the control poit til u see the word flag pole or something like that and just delete it the your flag pole will be invisable.

simplest way is scrol down on the control poit til u see the word flag pole or something like that and just delete it the your flag pole will be invisable.

Hmm... I thought I tried this and while it removed the actual flagpole... it left the flag floating in the air. I'll have to test this again.