Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
D_Lusted

Setting Missile Dummies to be destoryable

I want my mod to be as realistic as possible.......

In RL, if you shoot an armed missile with enough force, the missile on the aircraft/vehicle will blow up.

How do I mimic this ingame? Do I add the destoryable lines to the dummy tweak file?

ie. 50cal Cannon hits a Hellfire on the Attack Chopper, blows up the hellfire and starts a chain reaction with the other rockets, causing damage or even destorying the Attack Chopper.

Thanks

I can't imagine this is possible given that BF considers all parts of a bundle as one single element. The only thing you can do is fake it with the collision mesh to be that the area with the dummies takes more damage and perhaps calls a different effect than the rest of the plane. It won't, however, recognize wether or not the dummies have been depleted, so it's pointless in that regard.

Not only that, but if you add an armor to a child of a PCO and the PCO dies: crash (alteast when child is dead). The hierarcht of objects bing destroyed isnt iterated right imo and you get a nasty error.

"Not only that, but if you add an armor to a child of a PCO and the PCO dies: crash"

Actually, that's getting a lot further than what I'm saying it should allow. What I'm thinking is if you kill the child, the whole thing goes up. I still know you can't do this with dummy objects but there may be something you can still do with it.

However, what about if each missile was a vehicle instead? I forget, is that possible in BF2 for a vehicle to spawn on another vehicle and stay with it like the 42 carrier?

I forget, is that possible in BF2 for a vehicle to spawn on another vehicle and stay with it like the 42 carrier?

I believe I read in here that this is doable, something about hold.

Just on a sidenote: bf2142 will support multiple destructible parts of PCOs making this sort of thing much easier to accomplish.

-phresh

i added a dpv to the m1a2 tank,if ya blow up the dpv it destroys the tank,and funny enough you can switch seats between the 2 vehicles..lol

Beex, does that mean you can't drive the spawned vehicle away from its host? If you can switch seats between vehicles, it's gotta be seeing the whole group as one, right? DAMN! I was hoping this would lead to enemy seats.

I want my mod to be as realistic as possible.......

In RL, if you shoot an armed missile with enough force, the missile on the aircraft/vehicle will blow up.

How do I mimic this ingame? Do I add the destoryable lines to the dummy tweak file?

ie. 50cal Cannon hits a Hellfire on the Attack Chopper, blows up the hellfire and starts a chain reaction with the other rockets, causing damage or even destorying the Attack Chopper.

Thanks

What about giving that area where the missles are a Material that upward multiplies the damage from a pre determined weapon projectile? I would think that if a .50 cal shot into that specific area it could be coded to do 10 times its normal damage therefore destroying the vehicle.

Beex, does that mean you can't drive the spawned vehicle away from its host? If you can switch seats between vehicles, it's gotta be seeing the whole group as one, right? DAMN! I was hoping this would lead to enemy seats.

You could add a spawner to the host and spawn the vehicle the enemy wants (even set a teamonvehicle etc I believe), use holdobject ot hold it untill it starts to drive away, or istn that what you're searching for.

What about giving that area where the missles are a Material that upward multiplies the damage from a pre determined weapon projectile? I would think that if a .50 cal shot into that specific area it could be coded to do 10 times its normal damage therefore destroying the vehicle.

That should be doable.

-phresh

Yeah, that's doable, but it's the same thing as putting the material on the collision mesh like normal. The task is to get it to not happen if the dummy missile has already been fired and is no longer attached to the vehicle. Then to have it happen again should somebody solve the miracle of getting the dummies to reappear on a reload.

I still like the vehicle idea instead. But i can't see it helping poor 'ol D-Lusted. Maybe, but still. Dummy rockets are a hard-coded thing that basically only has one function. It just says, "remove these elements in the order that they were attached in the code one by one until they're gone." It has a line to activate and a line to define as a dummy and that's all I've seen for it. It's modable, but like the antennae where you can alter the mesh and 1-3 values, its core function is locked in.