Official BF Editor Forums

Operation Gray Storm (Beta)

Cmd.Masta.Chief

This is my 2nd map I have created but the first one I am distributing. This is a beta of Operation Gray Storm.

I'm releasing it as a beta because it is not fully complete yet(minimap). I would be grateful if someone could create a minimap for me as my computer goes retarded if I attempt to make one. The first person to make me one will get credited for it on the map loading screen and in the readme file (if you like).

Other than that there are a few minor bugs in the map that I will fix before the final version. Just post any other comments/suggestions about the map. I know it's not the greatest map but I'm continuing to learn to get better at this!

Here are a couple pics of this flooded city map:

16402095443-thumb.jpg

16402104424-thumb.jpg

16402312358-thumb.jpg

Download Link:

http://files.filefront.com/OGS_Installerex...;/fileinfo.html

Thankyou for your time.

Edited by Cmd.Masta.Chief

here is your minimap

http://files.filefront.com/ingameMapdds/;5...;/fileinfo.html

copy it into

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\levels\Operation_Grey_Storm\Hud\Minimap

it will ask you if you want to replave the file, say yes.

dont put me in read me just in the loading screen if needs be

Edited by -=XTRA-Jr=-Moza

Wow ... just saw the pics. :rolleyes:

What a great idea to do a floaded city map.

Maybe it would be great to ensure that water plane is not transparent to make it hard for human players to find a fast way thru the water - if they have to swim or run.

Hopefully you get some single-player done, because custom maps are neerly zero in use at public servers ( :unsure: yeah, to bad but true).

Hopefully you get some single-player done, because custom maps are neerly zero in use at public servers ( :unsure: yeah, to bad but true).

Well, you'll have a slim chance of getting your map played if you only post it on message boards. I'd ask clans w/servers if they'd want to add it to their rotation. But, don't spam your map around.

--Topic Change--

Would the bots be that much of a challenge in a flooded city? I could be wrong, but they prolly wouldn't do too well.

Edit: BTW, sweet map.

Edited by rhesussurrogate

here is your minimap

http://files.filefront.com/ingameMapdds/;5...;/fileinfo.html

copy it into

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\levels\Operation_Grey_Storm\Hud\Minimap

it will ask you if you want to replave the file, say yes.

dont put me in read me just in the loading screen if needs be

Thanks Dude!! Is your forum name the name you want me to put in the loading screen or do you have a BF2 name you would prefer to put in? Anyways Thanks!

Well, you'll have a slim chance of getting your map played if you only post it on message boards. I'd ask clans w/servers if they'd want to add it to their rotation. But, don't spam your map around.

--Topic Change--

Would the bots be that much of a challenge in a flooded city? I could be wrong, but they prolly wouldn't do too well.

Edit: BTW, sweet map.

I'm in the process of "attempting" to add bots, but I don't know how they will react in the water. I will probably end up having a whole army of swimmers.

I see your crane is slanted. It looks nice, but try climbing the ladders on it.... If you want to get rid of the ladders check the box that says somthing like "disable childeren". Climb the crane and you will see why you will need to get rid of them.

Thanks Rhino for the tip about the ladders. Before I had a beam going across the top so that nobody could climb down LOL..

Thanks everybody for your help I finally got the minimaps working and ambient sounds installed. I will work on this map for a couple more weeks working on single player and polishing it up further. Thanks!

• 7 years later...