Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
D_Lusted

Where to learn python....

Might have posted in the wrong section, but where do I need to go to learn Python?

Is there tutorials out there to assist my learning?

Is it a learning porcess that takes forever?

I'm really interested in learning this to develop new gamemodes etc but have no idea where to start.

D_Lusted: if you need some books in digital format, just ask.

That'll be great :D

How do ya prefer to send them? I can give you my email address, or I can set you up with FTP access on my web server......

Thanks man ;)

I would strongly suggest "Learning Python" 2nd Ed. by Mark Lutz & David Ascher

Edited by kiff

Just a little question ^^

How much time takes to learn python? Were i can at least "read" the BF2 code and start to make working changes on it, and start to understand how it works etc..

the time it takes to learn depends on your experience with other objeect orientated languages. You can see the code for conquest and co-op in this folder: Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\python\game\gamemodes

Hello!

Why when someone asks for bf2 scrypting learning, everyone gives him general informations about python (www.python.org). Point is, that I do not see connection between .tweak/.con editing and that python informations.

All what I want to know is explained "bf2 scripting commands"(add.Template ... ) and formation (parent, children, rem------, beginComp, endComp ....)

note:Im working only with .tweak/.con not with .py(gamemodes, objectives...) yet