Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ice_killer

ice_killer recruiting

hi im starting whit a mod to fight whit the dutch is any 1 intrestet pm post here or mail me

mail VW_outlaw@hotmail.com

x-fire icekiller1988

icy :lol:

there will be a forum soon

Detrux' date='Jul 8 2006, 03:07 AM' post='43601']

please provide more info

sorry for the late answer my grafic card is broken i have orderd a new 1 7600GT

well im going whit MPVLTR the setup is that the dutch army is in urazgan so the mod will be renamed to task force uruzgan we need sound artist mappers moddels animators etc. i hoop you now Enough.

icy :D

Edited by ice_killer

EDIT

Ensuring Freedom brings you where no mod has gone before. The War on Terrorism, featuring Afghanistan and Iraq. With a variety of nations, weapons, and missions.

Realism is stressed while playing Ensuring Freedom. This means no fighter jets for Al Queda or Iraqi Insurgents. The Insurgents and Terrorists start with the land advantage and weapon caches. While the Coalition will start with better weapons and technology. Missions featured will include Fallujah, Baghdad, Basra, Ambush at Takur Ghar, and Qala-I-Jangi. Nations in each of these missions will be the nation with the most troops committed to the battle. As for some of these missions being Special Forces, the Special Forces branch with the most soldiers in the battle/engagement will be the name of the team

http://devfile.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=60

http://www.ensuring-freedom.us/home/

ice_killer and elvis

Edited by ice_killer

**dons the Captain Obvious cape and mask**

We have a modern combat engine full of modern combat weapons, gear, statics, models, etc. Not to mention multiple mods based around modern-day combat for that engine. Curious how recreating all of that from scratch for what is de facto the same engine but with slightly different shaders, 2 less kits, and no editor would be worthwhile :)

Edited by [SFaith] Woodrow

Very diplomatic Woody.

I back that up too, there are a lot of mods doing what you're planning on doing already.

It would be wise to rethink your mod concept.

I've just done this with Dreamland for a few reasons, mostly a mod team is already working on the concept, so why re-invent the wheel, so to speak.

And posting angry faces because no one has replied isn't the best way to go IMO

Very diplomatic Woody.

I back that up too, there are a lot of mods doing what you're planning on doing already.

It would be wise to rethink your mod concept.

I've just done this with Dreamland for a few reasons, mostly a mod team is already working on the concept, so why re-invent the wheel, so to speak.

And posting angry faces because no one has replied isn't the best way to go IMO

eh it is for 2142 and i dont know a mod that is doing that for 2142

Edited by ice_killer

A remake of the game Worms Armageddon in the BF engine :D

But overall, 2142 is just an engine, and even then it's roughly the same as BF2 only with slightly different features. If you want to mod something for the fun of modding then I'd recommend BF2, as the editor works with it and you don't have to go through endless conversion pains. Moving to 2142 should only be done when the special features of 2142 are gamebreaking without them. Such is the case with the mod I'm on, www.firststrikemod.com. We couldn't do the mod without walkers and we can't do walkers ((with any degree of decency)) in BF2. Most anything else can be accomplished in BF2, and indeed is :)

That said, is anyone doing a kind of reverse "PRmod" for 2142? The resources of the original game could be used to make something really great, and I'm even tempted to do things with them, like a campaign system, continuing the RTSmod work, largescale combat maps, etc. My only thought on the matter would be to rebalance and refocus the classes, weapons, and damage to make it more sci-fi and entertaining gameplay-wise

Edited by [SFaith] Woodrow

A remake of the game Worms Armageddon in the BF engine :D

But overall, 2142 is just an engine, and even then it's roughly the same as BF2 only with slightly different features. If you want to mod something for the fun of modding then I'd recommend BF2, as the editor works with it and you don't have to go through endless conversion pains. Moving to 2142 should only be done when the special features of 2142 are gamebreaking without them. Such is the case with the mod I'm on, www.firststrikemod.com. We couldn't do the mod without walkers and we can't do walkers ((with any degree of decency)) in BF2. Most anything else can be accomplished in BF2, and indeed is :)

That said, is anyone doing a kind of reverse "PRmod" for 2142? The resources of the original game could be used to make something really great, and I'm even tempted to do things with them, like a campaign system, continuing the RTSmod work, largescale combat maps, etc. My only thought on the matter would be to rebalance and refocus the classes, weapons, and damage to make it more sci-fi and entertaining gameplay-wise

mmm that would be a good idea but wheree gonna shit next to it and think again whe may have a a idea it is a bit like first stike but also not :)

I would suggest making a mod thats radicly different from any mod in development for 2142 or bf2. Making a mod "sorta like" first strike will not work. Most likely you'll lose to first strike because not everyone who plays mods will play every mod. And frankly, no offense and I'm not insulting your or your team artistic and technical ability, you will have to do a HELLUVA good job to out do what DC, OPK, PR, and First Strike have already done. And you would have alot of catching up to do. So, in my opinion, you're best bet would be to come up with something so different that no other mod can offer.

Don't get me wrong. I am not at all saying don't bother modding because there are all these otehr great mods out there. However what I AM saying is that for your mod to survive you do something that hasn't been done yet.

Also don't forget that that the battlefield engine is not the end all of modding. There are TONS of other engines out there. Including ones that let you make completly new games. The battlefield engine is rather limited in fact. Actually, its very limited. One engine that I like alot is the XRay engine. Wich was used for the game STALKER. Also there is of course SOURCE of half-life 2 fame, doom3, unreal (well..doom3 and unreal are the same with a few differences)

If your really set on a modern day warfare mod think of using a engine that wasn't created for a game similiar to the mod (bf2 in other words)

Soon the game Enemy Territory quake wars will be out (finally!) and along with it the mod tools/editor/SDK will be released, or soon afterward. The game is set in the future so perhaps a modern day warfare mod wouldnt be overdone on that engine (like it is for bf2..too many modern day mods, IMO)

Plus as time flows on bigger GFX cards (such as the 8800) will get more common. Soon battlefield 2 will become old (yes, it will) and players will move on to new and better games. Some will always remain, people still play bf1942 believe it or not. But the point is most will in fact move on. The best chance you have at getting the most people to play your mod is to release it as soon as possible (with minimum or acceptable bugs) for a new game that people still are interested in playing. Thus your player base will be maximized. As a side note this is why SDKs and mod tools/map editors are released in the first place, not just to appease the ceaseless rants and raves of modders. It extends the life of the game. There are mods still being played for BF2)

Edited by jeffreyrichey

our idea was was the first 3 movies until the order 66 was givem then first striek come's whit there stuff ;) that was our plan

SOURCE of half-life 2 fame, doom3, unreal (well..doom3 and unreal are the same with a few differences
i only have BF2 :) and 2142

Ensuring Freedom, is a mod based off of modern war for the game game 2142. We will have the US team, and the Insurgents, and will add more teams in as updated. We are planning to have a small quality release a couple months after the startet to develop , and we are looking to recruit skilled people. Currently we are looking for modelers and skinners, but if you are a mapper/coder etc please feel free to apply.

Do you mind please taking that out of your post? You did not create it you just edited a couple of words.

For everyone wondering where he took it from, I had started a mod with a guy called Enduring Freedom and the above quote is 99% of what we wrote for our recruitment post.

hi all

i am starting a mod for bf2142 cal'd The Lost Clone Wars

it is base'd on these movies from star wars

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)

in this mod there will be a few new teams

1) trade faderation

2) galactic republic

3) rebels

i would that the models animator etc can make this but mapper coder's etc feel free to apply to

http://www.cybertronical.com/allsites/star...e_droid/bd2.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/sup...d/img/eu_bg.jpg

http://www.robots.4mg.com/images/destoyer1.jpg

in these armies i would like to see the next troops

battle droid's, destroyer droids, super battle droids, this will be the main force for evil

clone troopers, human rebels, the clone troopers will be the main force for good

and many other stuff

if you would like to join please post here pm me e-mail me send some smoke signals to me or drop by my forum

there will be a website soon online

http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Lost_Clone_...dex.php?act=idx

register there and post if you would like to join

i hope to hear soon of you guys

thanks in advance

ice_killer lead dev The Lost Clone Wars

Edited by ice_killer