• Announcements

• Detrux

Site Relaunched   10/13/2016

Welcome back to BFEditor.org! We've upgraded the forum software, removed the spammers, and improved security. Apologies for the downtime! Det
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emperorchuck

How to get your Plugins Working

38 posts in this topic

what did you do to fix the error 134 with args error?

I'm now getting that when I try to assign to an object. But the plugin does load at least lol.

LBrown]So in the "Discussion Main" forum, did you all read the announcement titled "How to install the Maya tools?"

This covers pretty much everything you have been trying to figure out the hard way;)

If it doesn't, let me know what's still broke so I can get them to fix it.

Note: also read my other post in this forum "how to correctly set cgfx shader paths".

Nope, three straight days messing with this and I still cannot get this plugin past the loading stage.

Did I mention that I just last week wrote a very nice dynamic recursion on a 4,000,000 object database for HP OpenView... but can't get this damned plugin to load.

I'm as far as dokks. I too would like further information on getting past the error 134 with args error.

I've already copied my ae*template.mel files to the <maya>/scripts/aetemplates diretory but it seemed to not do anything. these files are also copied to the <maya>/bin/plug-ins directory, and no success.

My maya.env file currently points to the scripts in the scripts and bin/plug-ins folder, and points to the plugins in the bin/plug-ins folder. But considering the scripts and plugins are loaded to the default Maya-loaded directories, is this step necessary?

Do not use the readme that is in the Maya Tools folder! This was written for Dice artists and contains info that is just plain wrong for anyone else. I've requested that they remove it entirely with the next update.

Also, what is this 134 error you are referring to.

You should not have to set any enviroment variables whatsoever.

Please follow the small tutorial I posted in the general discussion forum and remember that only Maya 6.0.1 is currently supported.

And yes, the only plug-in that should be loaded in the plug-in manager is the cgfxShader.mll

Also, if you are having texture errors, I just discovered a little "feature" that has to do with your Maya project path. Please read the Announcement that I've just posted at the beginning of this forum for details.

The 134 error is this:

Error: cgfxShader internal error 134 with args: -e -fx C:/Program Files/EA GAMES/Battlefield 2/maya/CGFX6.0/StaticMesh.fx cgfxShader2 //

kizoku and I were discussing it in the "How to install the Maya tools" thread in the Discussion Main forum

Yep. I just saw that and replied. Sorry for the delay.

The "134" error is because that is not the correct version of the staticMesh.fx shader. I know the files are named the same, but the one in the bf2editor folder is for the editor to use. I'm sorry I don't have any clues as to what is causing your actual problems, but I do know the tools work because I'm using them.

It could be anything in the wrong place, so make sure everything, including Maya is installed in the default place and make sure you've gone over the tutorials I've posted on installing the tools because some of the files got placed in the wrong folders when the editor was released.

And of course make sure that you are using Maya 6.0.1...

And of course make sure that you are using Maya 6.0.1...

did i miss something ? ... does the cgfxShader.mll plugin not work with plain old 6.0 ?

The "134" error is because that is not the correct version of the staticMesh.fx shader. I know the files are named the same, but the one in the bf2editor folder is for the editor to use. I'm sorry I don't have any clues as to what is causing your actual problems, but I do know the tools work because I'm using them.

Hmm, thats odd. I am pointing to the staticMesh.fx in the mayaCGFX6.0 folder and I am getting the same error. Im using Maya 6.0.1 I have a Radeon 9600XT, would that cause any problems? I have also read your other thread on installing the tools and I put those mel scripts in the plug-in folder. Do you have any other ideas of what could be wrong?

Hmm, so I cant make anything for BF2 unless I buy a nvidia card? I dont like the sounds of that. It'd be nice to be able to be able to set up the shader, even if you cant see it in Maya.

Hmm, so I cant make anything for BF2 unless I buy a nvidia card?  I dont like the sounds of that.  It'd be nice to be able to be able to set up the shader, even if you cant see it in Maya.

Same here. I've read other threads on this board, and someone told me that it's possible to write your own mel scripts to assign the shader, or something like that, but I've been pondering for quite some time about this one.

I have a feeling that this is not exactly possible, because I'm sure the DICE mll has some specific code that does some stuff to the maya file to prep it for import.

I'm really hoping that DICE can release something that will work with ATI, at latest by the time the bf2editor final is released.

I'm also hoping Lawrence Brown has some good news about this from his visit to Sweden, and I'm waiting on this.

Either way I am feeling that it'd be best to get an nVidia card if you really want to mod for this game. That's probably what I'll end up doing.

But still, that is really bad... I mean, I just recently bought an ATI-card... I'm not precisely a millionaire :(

I myself am getting the same error. This simply won't do. Since our workstations are bought for us, changing from a FireGL to an Nvidia Quadro card is not something that I can just up and do. (Well I can if I want to be unemployed) :( Nvidia card or not, it should still allow you to assign the CgFX texture even if the card can't display it. Lawrence, please inform whoever you do about this problem. It is putting a real dampner on our project. :?