Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Abort

Making A Target Help

Alright. One of my buddies is making a target in max. Hes making it in the shape of a regular darts target (bulls eye with circles around it.)

but we had an idea. is it possible to make a target in the shape of a solider but have the head part another section. so when you shoot it, it falls off. because we play in the PR mod and the best target to hit is the head.

so i was thinking if we could make a flat wooden target same size as a player model. Could we add the head part to fall off if its shot and respawn in about 10 seconds?. Would this be some coding? or animating? i dont know where this topic would go. but how hard would this be to accomplish? thx :lol:

Can try to make the soldier a static bundle, then add the head as a destroyable object with a respawntime. Destroyables shoudl be covered somewhere in this forum, aswell as statics (or make it a normal bundlemesh, but instead of playercontrolobject name it just bundle).

i dont really understand what bundle and all that stuff means because my friend is modeling it. I have done tutorials for MAx. i created a berreta 9000. but i never finished it. im alright at it.

but what youre saying is. create the bottom portion of the body as a static and make the head portion a destroyable object? like the red barrels in bf2 right?

Edited by Abort

You can't bundle them together or the whole thing blows up as one piece. You need to model all of the parts that can't be destroyed separately as one object and then the parts that can be destroyed as their own objects and then use an object group in the editor to keep it one element for the mappers to place. Somebody will first have to go in and line it all up for you unless you do that by way of the pivots in Max so each piece is dropped at the same coordinates in the editor.

The controversial step will be whether you can group an object spawner and a static object together because the destructable pieces need to be spawners. If it doesn't work, your mappers will have to place all the parts by hand for each copy of the target.