Official BF Editor Forums
[EA]LBrown

How To Install The Maya Tools.

okay so after this morning i posted all above i made some time to do the bunker tutorial and victory :P i was able to import the bunker in the editor.

GREAT it made me very happy , i must say that the tutorial wasnt torking totaly for me but i did someworkaround and there ya go.

1st thing that didnt go wel for me was the part where you should thrue the dnyUVPanel apply and load the texture wel it loaded a material in the hypershade but didnt apply it to the bunker that i had selected the texture wasnt loaded eighter ,it gave an error that it couldnt find it (seemed to be pointing in the right dir )

so what i did was this ,i loaded the texture in manualy and then applyed it to the bunker .

also the part were you should check the outliner after grouping and parenting wasnt totaly right for me .the pic showed the locator in th eoutliner was below it all and mine was higher.

but as i had just done as the tutorial said i went on anyways.

it imported perfectly without any error signs.

i hope this will get some of you in the right direction also.

i hope its in the right forums ;) i thoughed it was relevent to installing the plugin that why i placed it here.

Hmm... followed the instructions to a T.  

New XP installation. All security patches updated.

Clean BF2 Install. Patched to 1.02. Ran several maps to generate shaders.

Grabbed the 6.0.1 update from Alias.  

Installed from CD Maya Unlimited 6.0  

Updated to 6.0.1

Renamed C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0 to C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1

Set MAYA_LOCATION = C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0 to C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1

Path includes C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0 to C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1bin

Installed BF2Editor.

Ran Cg_1.2.1_Setup.exe. Verified the information was added to the path.

Copied the contents of C:Program FilesEA GAMESBattlefield 2mayaMaya ToolsIcons to C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1icons

Copied the contents of C:Program FilesEA GAMESBattlefield 2mayaMaya ToolsPlugins to C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1binplug-ins

Copied C:Program FilesEA GAMESBattlefield 2mayaMaya ToolsScriptscgfxShader_initUI.mel, ..cgfxShader_util.mel, ..AEcgfxShaderTemplate.mel, ..AEcgfxVectorTemplate.mel  to C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1binplug-ins

Copied the remaining contents of C:Program FilesEA GAMESBattlefield 2mayaMaya ToolsScripts to C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1scriptsothers

Changed the properties of my desktop icon to point to :Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1binmaya.exe as by default it keeps Maya in Maya6.0 if you upgrade, it does NOT create a Maya6.0.1 folder.

Ran Maya, opened the plugin manager. Clicked on cgfxShader --- BAM  

The specified procedure could not be found.  

Open up the Script Editor and the error is simply:

// Error: The specified procedure could not be found.

(cgfxShader) //

This rig:

Windows XP Professional. SP2 Clean Install.

AMD 64 4000

2GB Corsair pc3200 RAM

ATI X800 latest drivers

Creative SB

2x Maxtor 200 GB Sata Drives Raided

No other software installed.

guys, the diference between 6.0 and 6.01 doesn't affect you at all!

there is no difference that affect the tools between 2 ver of maya

.01 is an update to some internal mels

so stop worying about this.

I am extremely confused the bf2 editor doesn't come with maya tool just plugins for the real program? Ya if i can't use maya are there any free things i just really wanna tinker with stuff not spend hundreds of dolllars on a program that i would use for a few months.

LBrown' date='Aug 11 2005, 09:40 PM' post='4782']

Important: The plug-ins currently only work with Maya 6.0.1. Maya 6.5 and 7 are not supported yet!

For those of you having problems getting the Maya tools working, turns out there was a bit of a mixup with some of the files in the Aug02 release of the editor. All the files are there, it's just that some of them are in the wrong folder.

This will be fixed in the next release, but to install the tools correctly, do this:

-Install the editor.

-Inside your Battlefield 2 folder, locate the "Maya" folder and open it.

-Now open the "Maya Tools" folder.

-Run the Cg_1.2.1_Setup.exe program to install the nVidia tools. (Note: if you have any other version of this, you must remove it first. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you don't have to worry about it.)

-Copy all the icons from the "Icon" folder to "C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1icons". (Not the folder itself, just the files inside it!)

-Copy everything inside the "Plugins" folder to "C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1binplug-ins". (note the hyphen in the name. They do not go in "plugins"!)

Here's the tricky part:

-Open the "Scripts" folder.

-Copy the following files to your "Plug-in" folder. (Not your "Scripts" folder!):

cgfxShader_initUI.mel

cgfxShader_util.mel

AEcgfxShaderTemplate.mel

AEcgfxVectorTemplate.mel

-Copy all remaining files from "Scripts" to "C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1scriptsothers".

If you accidently copied all of the scripts it won't hurt anything, but in order to make the tools work, you must have the 4 scripts listed above in your Plug-ins folder.

-Once you have everything copied to the correct places, start Maya and go to your plug-in Manager. (Window>Settings/Preferences>Plug-in Manager)

-Load the cgfxShader.mll by checking the boxes next to "loaded" and "auto Load". (If you don't check "auto Load", you will have to reload the plug-in every time you start Maya)

You should now be good to go. Sorry for the mixup. Let me know if there are any more problems.

you say , Copy everything inside the "Plugins" folder to "C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1binplug-ins". (note the hyphen in the name. They do not go in "plugins"!) and of the such but i cant ifnd those folders.

you say , Copy everything inside the "Plugins" folder to "C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1binplug-ins". (note the hyphen in the name. They do not go in "plugins"!) and of the such but i cant ifnd those folders.

Worked fine for me:

mayaplugins0sx.jpg

hey, i dont really get it......here are a few questions, please help me out cause im confused

maya comes with bf editor right?

when you say "C:Program FilesAliasMaya6.0.1icons" What is that supposed to mean?

are there alternate programs that work exactly like maya that may be easier to install?

are there alternate ways to install maya separatly than bf editor?

im not saying that these tuts dont work for some ppl, but i just cant really follow what ur saying here

MParser60.exe - Unable to Locate Component

This application has failed to start because OpenMayaAnim.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

help plz.

And btw im not much of a computer person plz dont get WAY to technical unless u have to

Edited by AUSLiNK

-Once you have everything copied to the correct places, start Maya

Hi, I've done all of this but i cant find anything that lets me start Maya. I'm in the Bf2/maya folder right now.

Do I need to download a program that didn't come with the BF2 Editor download? (Version 1.3 btw)

EDIT:: Okay ive done some reading through this thread and i realize i have to get a copy of maya or max. to be honest i dont want to buy so does anyone know any good reliable torrents?

Edited by SierraSpetsnaz

Does 3DS Max 2009 work with BF2 Editor?

I don't think so... I know people have had some success with max 2008

Max 7 and 8 and 9 work fine with the Rexman/POE tools for Max and BF2

Hey, I'm having the EXACT same problem as AUSLiNK is. There isn't no Alias folder in C:/Program Files, and I'm getting the same error that AUSLiNK is too. Also, I don't know if I'm running the right files. There are like 3 or so MParser60.exe files in 3 different folders. I read and tried to follow the instructions that somebody posted on here that said to copy files from folder to folder, but when I tried to do it there wasn't no Alias folder.

Edited by SeanRamey

In case you're wondering why there's still no one addressing your problem i'm sorry to say that most of our active members here use 3DS Max or gmax . While the original Maya plugins from DICE where never maintained the 3DS tools were constantly improved. From what i know the Maya tools ONLY work with Maya 6.0 and Maya 6.0.1 . In case you're running a newer version of Maya i strongly doubt those plugins will work.

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]