Official BF Editor Forums

Creating A Map For Begginers - (very Image Heavy)

[EoD]Junglist

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I got a problem when I wan't to export my map from L3DT I can only chose from one file format .dmf and I can't change it to RAW :wacko: Through that I can't change my map format.

Have you done the heightfield, not just the designmap?

If you just have the coloured designmap it will only export as DMF.

What you need to do is the next step to make the heightfield.

I got another question when I save my map in the bf2 editor it doesn't make a map at C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr_edit\levels\ but when I can load the map in the BF2 editor.

I get a error message when I close BF2 editor dump folder can't be opened and file direction does not work

Check if you're running the latest editor ( should say version 0.1.237.0 ) in the info box.

Make sure your map folder is not 'read-only' ( rightclick -> Properties -> uncheck 'read-only' -> 'Apply to all subfolders' )

Also re-check with the PR forums to make sure you have followed the instructions on setting up the 'pr_edit' mod which looks a bit complicated to a simple mind like me :P

Sounds like you're running vista?

There's a setting somewhere (Can't remember where, I turned it off a long time ago), that stops programs writing to program files folder.

If you can't find your map in the normal location but can still load it in the editor, try looking here for your level (Make sure you can see hidden files and folders)...

C:/Users/YOURNAME/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/ProgramFiles/EAGAMES/Battlefield2/Mods/BF2/Levels

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

when i start l3dt and go to new to make a terrain the first step in different then in the tutorials on (page one from this topic)

this is what you get in the project type

0648291a.jpg

instead i get

designable map (recommended) 5 steps

blank designable map 3 steps

perlin heigtmap 4 steps

fractal heightmap 3 steps

blank heigthmap 2 steps

which one do i take??

i use the latest version of l3dt (l3dt 2.7 standart)

Welcome to BFEditor.org :D

The text in the water is caused by having the Singleplayer/AI-editor activated while generating EnvMaps. Deactivate it, restart the editor, and regenerate EnvMaps.

You can search for the black thing here.. Can't remember what's causing it, but afai remember it's caused by lack of detailtextures.

Welcome to BFEditor.org :D

The text in the water is caused by having the Singleplayer/AI-editor activated while generating EnvMaps. Deactivate it, restart the editor, and regenerate EnvMaps.

You can search for the black thing here.. Can't remember what's causing it, but afai remember it's caused by lack of detailtextures.

ok, thx

:D

• 1 month later...

There are at least 2 ways to fix this:

1. Copy an init.con from a map with the desired team setup into yours overwriting the existing one. Reload the map in BF2Editor and it should work.

2. In the BF2Editor's 'Mod Manager' add 'soldiers' and 'kits' to the Editor Content. Now you should be able to select the desired team and kit setup in your level settings. To make 'soldiers' and 'kits' show up in Editor Content you have to create empty folders in your /objects folder named 'soldiers' and 'kits' . You could also extract the relevant folders from 'objects_client.zip' into the objects folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmm.....of course....ermm....yeah....but ehm....no, honestly didn't think about...been tinkering and I think I freaked. I am compiling this all into my head at once- first time modding.

Thanks, man. Most appreciated :P

• 2 months later...

hi i have a problem with ltd3 when i finish my map and try to export it everything is ok but in te raw options i cant find how to make it 16bit IBM compatible with 1 channel or something like that... im usung l3dt 2,8 beta... cant find an older one... :(

please help?

• 1 month later...

G'day - probs a :blink: noob question but anyway,

While in Terrain tips in step 3, i notice my map is totally flat,

screenshot_bf2trouble.jpg

What have I done wrong to get this?? i noticed when i used the tpaint app what files came out were blank.. will this effect it at all? and would anyone know why i don't have something similar to junglists?

cheers in advance

• 8 months later...

I think something is outdated... But can someone help meh? At step 5 I can't change the team to MECMAIN: "In the box that pops up, under "Team 1" click the box and change to MEC, then under "Flag" change the name from flag_ch to flag_MEC click ok"

*EDIT* OOOOPS! I use it in BF2142... :D

Edited by Josaus