Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hutchings

3ds max Export model positions and techniques

Well, I created my vehicle model and used the 3ds max car wizard, and it worked fine. I exported, again export worked fine. Now I opened up the editor and when I load my model the front(nose) of the vehicle is facing the floor and is standing on end (like a person doing a handstand) :?

I thought to myself O well ill just rotate it in max. But no matter how i rotate the model it stays the same in the editor. I do have the hotfix plugs installed, but i cant seem to find thge problem....

ok great I searched up on that and got it to work. I have my vehicle in the editor, but now have another problem that I cant solve. When i click on "input" to test how it would drive, it wont move (yes i am pressing the movement keys :lol: ) is there any part it specificly needs to move?

Youll need an engine for it to move and steering rotationals for it to steer

asuming those were in the exported version via the wizzard,,

you need to do the finishing touches to the engine in the editor

1 add a basicinfo to it

2 set the engine type, torque differential etc

you need to do similar to springs, steering etc

The good news is that I'm working on a tutorial that explains everything you have to do to get the car working in the editor.

The bad news is that it's still at least a day away because I'm discovering so much info that needs to be covered.

The good news is that once you get the tutorial, you'll have a much better understanding of how the editor works.

Oh, and this one works for both Max and Maya;)