Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BLITZ1976

1p Animations For Vehicles?

Please tell me this is not yet another example of how Dice was lazy. I can't seem to figure out how to do 1p for vehicles so u can see the arms on the steering wheel. I havent found any vehicles yet that show the arms in 1p either. Please tell me Im wrong!

The most realistic thing you can do is disable the entire 1p view of the vehicle or move your camera forward so it doesn't see the wheel. You could also just delete the steering wheel and nobody will notice it's magic. lol. Seriously though? It'd need a 1panimationsystem.inc and a set of baf files before anything can happen and you already know for a fact it's hard-coded to not work so it's just something we all live with. Ghost steering wheels are on all of our cars.

Well I guess its back to dealing crack for me I have had it with modding something that doesnt even support 1p animations! BAH!

JK I will piss and moan like an impotent bastard, bend over and take it up the tail pipe!

Maybe one could misuse the weapons system. They at least have a 1P anim... Did you ever try to attach a weapon animation to the X-Wing joystick :P ? (Maybe making it a genericfirearm ? )

Ow, i know this sounds hairbrained....

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

you could model the steering wheel to have arms sticking out of it, but they'd be the same for each team, and you would be able to see them even if the vehicle was empty :rolleyes:

you could model the steering wheel to have arms sticking out of it, but they'd be the same for each team, and you would be able to see them even if the vehicle was empty :rolleyes:

No, they wouldn't. As the geom0 (1P) view is only seen when the model is entered , the 3P (geom1) would be unaffected and no arms would be seen. But making the arms part of the car wouldn't help with the basic problem which is a 1P animationsystem for vehicles. I know the car_horn is a firearm. Lets attach an arbitrary animationsystem from another handweapon to it and enter the Hummer..... What happens ?

OK I did what I had done before but the 1p animations are still not coming up in 1p view, very frustrating cause I can assign it an index and pick it up and carry it around. I guess I will keep tooling with it.

you can use the chase view which is 3p and adjust the chase values to bring the camera right in close to say a steering wheel and you will have a view with hands that turn with the wheel when you turn the vehicle like a 1P veiw. then you can use the nose camera as the chase view by bringing the camera back out from the vehicle.

but doing this you lose the ability to look around the cockpit in 1p view, needed for some vehicles.

Edited by takiwa

but doing this you lose the ability to look around the cockpit in 1p view, needed for some vehicles.

just set the normal internal 1p camera view at the same position so if you want to look around just change camera views.