Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Detrux

Moderating This Section

I've had a lot of complaints from people who are interested in modding BF2142 that all topics related to it turn into a big bashing of Dice, etc instead of achieving what this section is meant for.

Those who post non constructive posts will have their comments removed, as it's ruining this section for others. Those of you who are upset about 2142 have already made your opinions very clear, and Dice is aware of it, so it's time to move on and focus on the real intention of this section.

If you have a problem with this section being moderated, please contact me via PM and make your thoughts heard, I will reply to anyone who messages me. I'm sorry it had to come to this, as I want to keep this forum neutral and have members be given the freedom to voice their concerns, but when every topic regarding 2142 becomes a big rant, I don't really have another option.

Let's try and focus on the future and what we have, and work with Dice to build greater support and a better relationship with the modding community.

Thanks for understanding,

Det

Sorry everybody, I'm by far the worst one. It's really hard to contain those thoughts when there's not much to counter the facts of the matter. One thing I don't understand is why 2142 has made its way onto these boards at all. It doesn't support 1942 or BFV, so that lead me to believe this is/was a BF2 site. I was upset at seeing a 2142 section at all, I admit that, but I figured I'd just have fun with it.

But I completely understand that it's undermining your efforts to establish a strong support community for the game. So with that, I'm going to go completely idle in all regards. I won't be able to contain my real feelings, so I now find myself censored and that's when I usually like to check out. I know for a fact that I'm probably the #1 source of fuel for the fire and it's perfectly clear that's not appropriate or acceptable. You should remove me as moderator aswell. There isn't a whole hell of a lot to say about modding BF2 anymore and I think the majority of the community is relatively up to speed. While I'm sure it appears I enjoy my rants, the fact is that I do, but it's stemmed from a huge pool of negativity that adversely affects my life and I feel this is a great turning point to start on the path to greener pastures. So I'm saying goodbye.

Nothing has changed for those who know me already and have worked with me before. You can still PM me here, I get emailed, for help or find me at the Apocalypse but I'm done training new people as it's time I started trying to actually finish this mod and stop talking about finishing it. I will complete all tasks I committed to. I thank you for the aid and the opportunities and good luck to you guys.

junk you're one of the greatest personalities at this site, everyone can relate to what your angry about, no worries. Like you said though, we've made our opinions clear, now it's time to start getting our mods done, despite the obstacles in place!

Please feel free to continue to offer a helping hand to people in need of BF2 help, and I can't wait to play the content you've helped create :)

Thanks Detrux, I appreciate that. I never planned to stop frequenting. I'm gonna stay out of everything that's been said so I don't repeat myself anymore, which is all I've been pretty much doing. If somebody asks a question that hasn't been asked before, I'll be here to try. I'm gonna be more like our ancient prophecy's, RexmaNeo. It's the first ancient prophecy written where the chosen one never comes back. I wonder if he still reads this stuff and what he's doin now.

junk you're one of the greatest personalities at this site, everyone can relate to what your angry about, no worries. Like you said though, we've made our opinions clear, now it's time to start getting our mods done, despite the obstacles in place!

Please feel free to continue to offer a helping hand to people in need of BF2 help, and I can't wait to play the content you've helped create :)

I have to apologise for my anit-EA/DICE post in the "Will you buy 2142?" thread. I orriginally intended on defneding bf2142 (to a certain extent) but after reading through all the negativity, I got swept up in the mood of the thread and my post just became another 2142 bashing post. Once again sorry for not posting the more two sided post I intended. I wish I could edit it ;)