Official BF Editor Forums
beerbelly30

Changing Bf2 Sounds

Hi,

Can anyone help me plse-Im trying to change the stock sounds in bf2 for my own.Ive re-named my sound files the same as the stock sounds,used the same file tree,but it still wont play?

I know it wont loop properly- but for now all i want to do is get it to play

Ive matched the bitrate and frequency too.

Ive packed the "object_client" zip manually- as i dont know how to do it in the editor.

Ive tried searching but to no avail..... :(

cheers

Beerbelly

Well, changing the stock BF2 files will effectively break bf2. I'm sure you made a backup of the original zips though, didn't ya? Though, if you remove the md5 files you may be able to run it locally, can anyone confirm this? Anyhow, you need to create a mod to do this and then the server and all clients would have to be running that mod.

So, did you create a mod? I see that you have the editor.

To pack in the editor you go to the mod menu, choose package mod.

Let us know,

-phresh

I made a mod soundpack-i didnt alter any of the original bf2 files- I just got it to start from the mod,I was assuming that it would use those soundfiles first.

I tried packing the mod but the zip "object client " ended up being empty?

Hope this helps clarify things

Beerbelly

The editor might not be able to pack sounds without an associated object. But if you took care of the exact pathnames and filenames for your sounds replacing the originals, you should be able to use Winrar or similar to pack an 'objects_client.zip'

Mount that archive in your mod's clientarchives.con before the vanilla archive kicks in and you should be ready :D

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

Well, changing the stock BF2 files will effectively break bf2. I'm sure you made a backup of the original zips though, didn't ya? Though, if you remove the md5 files you may be able to run it locally, can anyone confirm this? Anyhow, you need to create a mod to do this and then the server and all clients would have to be running that mod.

So, did you create a mod? I see that you have the editor.

To pack in the editor you go to the mod menu, choose package mod.

Let us know,

-phresh

Hi all,

I would like to ask I create new mod to change the soldier sound files. Does it work with single player? and does the server should use the same sound files?

Thank you,

Varkan

A dedicated server doesn't need any of the 'client' files and thats where your new sounds are located. So no, the server doesn't need them. what your server needs is your mod setup , at least mounting the vanilla 'server' archives to run your mod (in 'serverarchives.con' ) If you _only_ plan to change sounds, this setup is more or less only the /ai, /settings and /python subdirectories and of course the server files for your maps.

And yes, it works with singleplayer (provided you have SP supported maps) . On your clientside you will of course need all your modded clientfiles , especially the objects_client.zip and your clientarchives.con