Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xaritix

Bf2142 Editor!

Step 1: Copy the bf2142 mod folder from the Battlefield 2142 folder to the BF2 mods folder

Step1.png

Step 2: Extract the files in objects to the neccesary files, IE Vehicles_Client and Vehicles_Server to "Vehicles", you have to create them yourself, the files that is

NOTE: I suggest for extracting the files, to save time, copy and paste this: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2142\Objects it will save time

Step 3: Go to "Mod" in the top bar of the editor, go to mod manager, and select all the boxes like below:

Step2.png

Step 4: click "OK"

Step 4.1: make a cup of tea... :lol: (it will take a whail)

Step 5: Viola! it works!

booya.png

Please stick this if you want, hahaha I win!

EDIT: It crashes when you try to place textures, sh!t

IMPORTANT: Do not use the "Mountain" color texture, it makes the editor crash

Edited by Xaritix

Who made this tutorial? If you did thats cool... if not you should give the person credit...

and i believe there will be a 2142 editor out soon(i think,i dont know) so if and when that happens

it should make things a lot easier... CB

Edited by [TUF]Catbox

shogun' date='Oct 27 2006, 08:57 AM' post='53997']

i take it the vehicals dont work, or is that just the walker?

the walker will load, you just need to reference out the bundlemesh info. Turn on collision meshes and you should see it. Wont do you too much good as bf2editor doesnt reconise the newer objecttemplates.

If i was makeing a 2142 map i would crate the terrain, and put the statics in by hand, then tell it to spawn BF2 objects, then save all of it, exit the editor, and edit the spawns by hand to spawn the 2142 objects you want :)

I thought I might just post this info here seeing as it has been a tremendous help to me during navmeshing the 2142 maps for SP. clivewil made some simple box geometry to replace all the vehicles to circumvent the crashing 2142 vehicles problem. All you have to do is clear your /objects/vehicles folder and drop these in instead and all vehicles in the editor will show up as boxes without any extra tweak editing required.

Grab it Here (bfsp)

There is some sort of wierd thing where, I opened up the files for the textures for the weapons, and when I opened them in Gimp, for some reason, the textures that show up ingame didn't show up on the files, the files are just look like transparencies, its wierd, does everyone else have these problems?

Because I wanted to open up the files and copy the stuff, and make a new weapon as part of a quest to begin some work on possibly making a Union of African States team

How do you edit the spawns?

open up the gameplayobjects.con file for 16, 32 and 64 and then edit them with notepad or anouther text/code editor.

How do you edit the spawns?

open up the gameplayobjects.con file for 16, 32 and 64 and then edit them with notepad or anouther text/code editor.

but kysterama way is easier and less time consuming if it works.

unl_lar_c.jpg

Thats what it shows up as except all the white is a transparency in gimp and like I don't know how I would edit that texture to put it ingame, the other files are the same for the weapons

Here is something I noticed:

When I change the Init.con to have the teams and such, which dosn't work btw, it gets rid of all the objects on the map, even if I make a minor edit to the init.con, it will eliminate the objects on the map

The StaticObjects.con is still there, but there is a problem where it seems to destroy a link between Init.con and StaticObjects.con, I, through further examination, seemed to noticed that well...its $#!%ed up

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I also noticed that when I take the Init.con from another map, and change, for example, "Tunis_Harbor" in a line to "jabali", the teams don't show up in the level settings

NOTE: Catbox, I am not asking for help annoyingly I am just having a little discussion about my observations of the editor

So anyone else experience this problem? and also tell me if you have a solution, IF is the keyword

I was checking through the demo and found this texture amongst others... Are you opening the texture file

that ends with _c.dds and do you have the .dds plugin for Gimp?

mini_c.jpg

And you say you change the teams? What teams are you changing them to?

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to rename a 2142 map or make your own map with 2142 objects and vehicles and flags? I am hoping that the 2142 editor is released soon...

I havent really messed with 2142 yet... but stick with it Xaritix...

and keep trying...

thats what worked for me with BF2

before i new this helpful forum even existed... many crashed maps for the first couple of weeks... lol

I know its frustrating but its really cool when your map works and is played by others....

CB

Ya I have a huge graveyard of scrapped maps, lol

Actually I wanted to expariment with coding and whatnot and try to make a custom weapon based on the Voss L-AR and there is no normal texture like that in its file, some do some don't

I thought I might just post this info here seeing as it has been a tremendous help to me during navmeshing the 2142 maps for SP. clivewil made some simple box geometry to replace all the vehicles to circumvent the crashing 2142 vehicles problem. All you have to do is clear your /objects/vehicles folder and drop these in instead and all vehicles in the editor will show up as boxes without any extra tweak editing required.

Grab it Here (bfsp)

Thanks. Although i figured this out myself already, thought i might add 1 more thing.

If you unpack a 2142 map eg. Sidi Power plant, and the objects are missing...

Extract the client.zip and server.zip to the \Battlefield 2142\mods\Bf2142\Levels\Sidi_Power_Plant dir.

Then, edit the init.con file you have extracted and change the following line :

run Editor/StaticObjects.con BF2Editor

to

run StaticObjects.con BF2Editor

hope this helps some people :)

I made a handy mod for movie editors with two maps in. An intirely blue and an intirely green map with all vehicles, it allows editors to use the green screen effect. All i did was copy the bf2142 folder into mods and the textures worked fine (although mountain color does crash it) then i edited the spawns and kits by hand.