Official BF Editor Forums
Xaritix

Bf2142 Editor!

Um... When I do steps 1 and 2, in the bf2editor, even after I set the parent mod to 2142, it comes up with all the bf2 files for including, instead of the nice bf2142 folders - ie. it looks like it does normally, without having changed the parent, or extracted all those files... Am I doing something horribly wrong?

EDIT:: Oops, silly me... I was trying to create a mod with 2142 as its parent, rather than actually editing 2142 itself... Is there a way of doing this, so that I'll be able to play my mini-mod in 2142?

doubleedit:: And by that, what I mean is this: "Is there an easy way to create a "2142 mod", which of course ISN'T gigabytes big - ie. what do i need to copy over to my bf2142/mods/MyMod directory that *won't* break the game if it isn't there - ie. a redistributable. I'll want to edit weapons, animations, models, and can create levels...

Cheers. And sorry for a little bit of a thread hijack, but it's kinda related, and i felt it should go on the end of this post.

Edited by fbrixter

I'm well aware of how I shouldn't say this but it's become too entertaining not to. We gotta keep the Froakers out of here. A Frenchman demanding something other than more white cloth is ridiculous. The last thing we need after 2142 barged into our territory is a bunch of surrender happy toads hopping about making demands. Not even the DICE Canadians speak to us in that ridiculous sounding jibberish. Do you honestly think the modding scene would be as far as it is today if it were being fueled by a country full of cheese sniffing quitters? I think not. France contributes nothing worthy to the rest of the planet except as a great example of how humans can function sans spines and hygene. When you get off your smelly asses and create something that the rest of us would care to use, maybe we'll finally give a rat's ass enough to care about what you can or cannot comprehend. Until then, keep your giant noses in your coffee. My only regret is if I've offended any warm-blooded Americans. LOL!

Ok ok ok, I am lost. You say to extract files into the appropriate folder, yet that is FAR too vague, which files go where? Can you take a screenshot of each folder so we know where to put things? And not to mention, I have gone through so many tutorials, yet they dont explain valuable information, like how do you zoom in and out of object visuals.

coryorth:

All the files under "objects_server.zip" and "objects_client.zip" go into "objects"... Replace "objects" with any word that appears in the file names, and you're sorted. I havn't yet figured out how to seperate the server and client files for final release though :(

Junk: yeah, cos it's at all constructive to insult someone based entirely on their nationality (oh no, he should apologize for being BORN in the wrong place), or indeed their poor grasp of the english language (again with the being born in the wrong place). Oh yeah, and I'm not american, but I'm pretty sure you should be sorry for offending me too.

wrt the editor: Other than terrain editing, what's it actually needed for? most stuff can be simply changed in text files *shrugs*

Jeffi: Try http://www.google.com/language_tools

(Essai http://www.google.com/language_tools - il ne donnera pas a * bon * la traduction, mais lui est meilleur que rien. (Ce texte a été google traduit aussi bien, ainsi excuser mon français pauvre)

Edited by fbrixter

I'm well aware of how I shouldn't say this but it's become too entertaining not to. We gotta keep the Froakers out of here. A Frenchman demanding something other than more white cloth is ridiculous. The last thing we need after 2142 barged into our territory is a bunch of surrender happy toads hopping about making demands. Not even the DICE Canadians speak to us in that ridiculous sounding jibberish. Do you honestly think the modding scene would be as far as it is today if it were being fueled by a country full of cheese sniffing quitters? I think not. France contributes nothing worthy to the rest of the planet except as a great example of how humans can function sans spines and hygene. When you get off your smelly asses and create something that the rest of us would care to use, maybe we'll finally give a rat's ass enough to care about what you can or cannot comprehend. Until then, keep your giant noses in your coffee. My only regret is if I've offended any warm-blooded Americans. LOL!

Hi all,

Okay, I'm french, I have a passion of modding, and I respect all creators of the world in bfeditor forum.

But, when I read this racist post.... I'm furious! Why do not admins ban racists???

So, for the respect, Admins BFEDITOR, YOU MUST BAN this guy Junk about Racism!!!

I hope admins you do it, I'll wait it.

thank you,

cordially,

Christophe.

PS : VIVE LA FRANCE !

Yup, just my 2 cents...

Hope this was 2d degree, both of you... :(

This is a community website, and I had the dream a community of creators would never take seriously what politicians do for us...

We have another vision, another philosophy. Entertainment, and friendship, maybe ?

Both the US of A and France ban terror, racism, useless bloodspill. They only argue about the ways.

I'm no Frenchman, nor American. Please stop this guys :)

Step 1: Copy the bf2142 mod folder from the Battlefield 2142 folder to the BF2 mods folder

Step1.png

Step 2: Extract the files in objects to the neccesary files, IE Vehicles_Client and Vehicles_Server to "Vehicles", you have to create them yourself, the files that is

NOTE: I suggest for extracting the files, to save time, copy and paste this: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2142\Objects it will save time

Step 3: Go to "Mod" in the top bar of the editor, go to mod manager, and select all the boxes like below:

Step2.png

Step 4: click "OK"

Step 4.1: make a cup of tea... :lol: (it will take a whail)

Step 5: Viola! it works!

booya.png

Please stick this if you want, hahaha I win!

EDIT: It crashes when you try to place textures, sh!t

IMPORTANT: Do not use the "Mountain" color texture, it makes the editor crash

I did that and nothing would load, it said "failed to load blah blah"

can i have some help please.

show a screenshot of your objects folder. did you get any pop-ups when extracting the .zip files? any errors before trying to load the files in the editor?

Hi !

Since this morning, i tested differents ways to run correctly the BF2 Editor. Ok, sometime it's run perfectly but i have the same problem : i am nothing objects or vegitation or vehicles. With a existing map, i modify the init.con in deleting the "EDITOR" in the sentence run EDITOR/ staticsObject Bf2editor (or something like this) and the objects appear. And since this action i can use only the present objects in another map.

In the folders, i see the meshes files but BF2Editor don't recognize them...I don't know why...

Anybody can help me ? ^^

Open this file with notepad... EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\bf2editor\Settings\Content.conf

Then add these lines....

Mod bf2142

folder default Objects\Common

folder default Objects\Effects

folder default Objects\Kits

folder default Objects\MiscObjects

folder default Objects\Roads

folder default Objects\Soldiers

folder default Objects\StaticObjects

folder default Objects\Vehicles

folder default Objects\Weapons

folder default Objects\Vegitation

folder default Objects\DynamicObjects

If all went to plan then you should have all the folders and objects. If it didn't work try doing the same but with this location... EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\bf2editor\Settings\Default\Content.conf

Edited by Bensta-IDF