Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
skyhaven

Demo Playback Problem

Firstly I am able to record and playback demos of normal BF2, but the game crashes when I try loading recorded demo of my own mod.

The load makes it to about 83% then crashes. :huh:

I can play my mods level just fine when I create local server.

any suggestions?

Make sure the level is packed when you try to run the playback. If that's not it you'll have to debug with the bf2_r.exe

-phresh

mod packed – yes.

mod active – yes. I doubt the demo would have even loaded at all if is wasn't :P

Unfortunately I can't run bf2_r.exe I get an error saying "this application has failed to start because VtuneApi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Needless to say re-installing didn't fix it. So I've just had to live with out it. :(

Basicaly I recorded the demo, closed the game, restarted the game then started loading the recorded demo.

I tried this several times but no luck.

I have used the BF recorder alot and have had strange occurences and crashes. My latest crash was after I added my radioactive barrels, these barrels have absolutely no error in the editor and work fine in game, no errors in debug. But when I go to record camera positions it crashes near the end at textures. I ran the recorder in debug and managed to get around the crash that way, the textures look crap when running the rercorder in debug but when you render it comes out fine.