Official BF Editor Forums

Game Menu

[Rok]Ells

I haven't actually tried to change it yet, but I found some very useful files for the main menu.

In BF2, they used a flash file which they never released for us to change.

However in 2142, I've found some png files that look like it makes up the game menu.

\mods\bf2142\Menu_client.zip\External\FlashMenu\images\window

I'll try it out and let you know if it works.

Yeah, that's all in the Flash file which they didn't release for BF2, so I doubt we'll get it for 2142, but at least we can change the png files for our mods.

I got to take a look at the Flash file for BF2 and it's a right mess (not suprising there) and it took a while to figure out what they did to get it working. If we get the one for 2142, I'll take a look at it and report back.

• 5 months later...
Yeah, that's all in the Flash file which they didn't release for BF2, so I doubt we'll get it for 2142, but at least we can change the png files for our mods.

I got to take a look at the Flash file for BF2 and it's a right mess (not suprising there) and it took a while to figure out what they did to get it working. If we get the one for 2142, I'll take a look at it and report back.

WE have got the flash engine, but you guys doesnt know it, ill try to play with it, and if it works, ill tell how to chance the layout and such of the menu.

Wouldn't it be theroreticly possible to hack any game and use lower level code to change or enable higher level code functions, even if it ment going down as far as the binary level (just on paper, not practice)? I mean if you was to look at the code at a lower level instead of a higher level like the .con script isn't it possible to change things that are hard coded? Like look at the engine code in everyone's favoritve C++ compiler? Could someone explain this to me, why it wouldn't be possible?