Official BF Editor Forums
siiix

Upto 128 Players / Server Or Single Player..with Screens!

this is NOT a mod, it works on ANY 2142 just by editing a few files !!!

for single player actualy only aidefault.ai

so i try to run an unranked server with more then 64 players

so far i was able to manipulate the game to have up to 128bots+me=129!players

the problem is that the server application will give me a message that conquest mode is up to 64, although i got that far to at least be able to set more (tried 85)

so if ANYONE can help me with this that would be great, i would try to run a server with more then 64

until then enjoy my screenshoots ; )

(quality: had to lower the graphic quality to be able to run 129)

128 bots dont run well(slow), but 80 or 90 should be ok with a high end system

128bot3.jpg

128bot1.jpg

128bot2.jpg

128bot4.jpg

Edited by siiix

That worked with BF2 , too :P

The server message is probably hardcoded into the EXE, you cannot do much about it. We had reports of running with 150 bots with one of the earlier BF2 exe's .

it should be noted tho' that for a bot to be active (moving around) he needs to be in a squad.

the actual max number of *active* bots is 108 (2 teams X 9 squads X 6 members per squad)

although you can spawn more, you will find that the excess bots simply stand around where ever they spawned and basically do the bot eqiuvilant of guard duty.

That would be madness on multiplayer! Grenade blowing the crap out of anyone, or anything that walks by.

it should be noted tho' that for a bot to be active (moving around) he needs to be in a squad.

the actual max number of *active* bots is 108 (2 teams X 9 squads X 6 members per squad)

although you can spawn more, you will find that the excess bots simply stand around where ever they spawned and basically do the bot eqiuvilant of guard duty.

In bf2 that didnt happen for me. I spawned 128 bots in karkand (computer lagged) and they all moved.

Can anyone point me toward any info on the hack that allowed 128 players in a BF2 server? I am referring to 128 human players, not 128 bots.

I *thought* someone hacked up the .exe to make 128 players available .. but I can't find any info on it now.

I understand the server requirement issues, etc, etc.. would probably prefer to try some number more than 64, but less than 100.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Open the file <Mod>/AI/AiDefaults.ai with any texteditor and change the number of bots in there. In BF2 its a well commented file, in BF2142 it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

I did this by taking the already configured map of dragon valley and it is already configured for 128.

You have to use dragon valley, open it in the editor and set control points for 128. Then you get a hex editor and after hours of searching there is a line you change in the bf2_server exe you go to display, Double lines of code, then you see 4000, needs to be changed to FFFF which will give you an unlimited amount of player numbers. The dragon valley map must now be loaded with the server and you should see 128 player compatability in the server command instead of 64 and you will also see 9999 in the server menu in game.

The 9999 changes what the number of players are allowed server side. The dragon Valley map with the new settings shows 128 player map and that allows up to 128 players. You have to turn off all the map filters to see your server becasue the menu wasnt configured to show 128 player size maps and dragon valley is the only one there is.

I thought of recreating dragon valley all you have to do is level the level with the terrain editor and use the prefab manager for your custom map.

If you want me to post a tutorial I will. I will make a video tutorial if you want a tutorial.

I tried to get 128 people on my server but only 48 people came to in game.

-Josh_sg1

Edited by josh_sg1

Hey,

A tutorial would be great, especially one that included the memory location of the 0x4000. Project Reality is sure to jump on the idea provided it works. Please give some more details about this. Hundreds of PR players will thank you if this is a success.

Hacking the EXE should be a last resort. You are manipulating users files - don't forget. Btw, before attempting to publish anything like that, please test this exe by joining a ranked server with content check.

It would be very inresponsible to leave the user with a defective EXE after playing your mod.

You would also need to edit the linux build and the dedi windows server.

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]