• Announcements

• Detrux

Site Relaunched   10/13/2016

Welcome back to BFEditor.org! We've upgraded the forum software, removed the spammers, and improved security. Apologies for the downtime! Det
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrazyAce

Better Ai Sniper

6 posts in this topic

In one of the BF2 threads there was a question asked about the AI Sniper and how bad they were. I came up with a theory after seeing many Sniper bots shot. They don't zoom, even though the animation may look as if they are aiming, but instead they are not.

So I decided to reduce the amount of deviation to 0 for the sniper weapons, but am still unable to test this theory out fully. If anyone will be willing to help and participate this theory would be helpful, or shed some light more on this matter.

Here is a piece of the sniper weapons deviation code that I use:

rem ---BeginComp:SoldierDeviationComp ---
ObjectTemplate.createComponent SoldierDeviationComp
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setFireDev 0 0 0
ObjectTemplate.deviation.minDev 0
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setTurnDev 0 0 0 0
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setSpeedDev 2 0.2 0.1 0.15
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setMiscDev 9 9 0.4
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModStand 0
REM ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModStand 2
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModCrouch 0
REM ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModCrouch 1.5
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModZoom 0
REM ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModZoom 0.5
ObjectTemplate.deviation.minDevModZoom 0.001
rem ---EndComp ---

Edited by CrazyAce

Yeah, but it does it for all the bots weapons, I just want the sniper to actually get kills.

I generally play with setting to the highest and 1 in the AI. I've used the AI for Allied Intent and it works great. The bots in my mod don't have a problem shooting me!

In the BOM mod the weapons don't have much deviation, and the bots have no problem blasting people.

What about playing around with the AI within the weapon. Adjusting the optimal distance, min/max and or aggressiveness to certain targets etc.

They just miss...

I have done some testing with the 0 deviation and am quite amazed as how many kills the sniper bots has been getting. In any good head on collision round, snipers would get at least 15 kills out of 1000 tickets or at least thats the amount I have counted in one test map...